Are you passionate about making a difference in your community? Terracon is growing and hiring a regional Client Development Manager to support Central Ohio based in our Columbus, OH office.
The successful candidate will utilize business contacts currently in their network, as well as professional organizations, in order to develop new clients and gain intelligence to support securing projects in central Ohio. In addition, our new employee-owner will continually develop strong trust relationships to secure project opportunities. This position will support our clients on projects ranging from commercial, healthcare, municipal, federal, aviation, renewable energy, and transportation through our environmental, facilities, geotechnical, and materials service lines. This position is for an experienced Architecture / Engineering / Construction (A/E/C) industry specific Client Development professional who will be responsible for developing key relationships and quickly identifying business opportunities critical for Terracon’s growth and success in the region. Other responsibilities include leading, managing, mentoring and growing a marketing team.
If your passion lies in working on exciting new projects that directly benefit your community, and if you’re interested in belonging to a 100% employee-owned organization that allows us to set our course together and benefit when our hard work creates financial success, then Terracon is your kind of company! We share your passion.
Essential Role and Responsibilities:
- Lead safety efforts for team and ensure team follows safety rules and practices. Responsible for creating and modeling a safe work environment; demonstrates safety practices. Promote pre-task planning for all activities related to client development and marketing.
- Intentional, focused client development that includes client meetings weekly (virtual or face-to-face).
- Lead the relationship building process by articulating how Terracon’s team and services can provide value and close business opportunities.
- Develop trust relationships with office teams and assist office team in Client Experience and Development
- When applicable, lead communication with the client during a project lifecycle.
- Provide transparent client development leadership. This would include tracking and reporting of key market information, facilitating strategy meetings, motivating and training others in the art of client development and the project pursuit process, managing key client relationships, manage professional organization memberships, and networking.
- Client Relationship Manager (CRM) management.
- Manages staff that may include marketing specialists and directs the activities and monitors the results of subordinate direct reports, including career development and review of timesheets and expenses.
- Collaborates with leadership and management to develop client development plans, budgets and performance goals for their staff and themselves.
- Working with a team of Client Development Professionals in Terracon’s Eastern Operating Group.
- Develops key competencies in Terracon’s business intelligence tools in order to assist leaders and managers and others in strategic decision making (markets, sectors, go/no-go, etc.) that enhance efficiencies.
- Manage and lead our major pursuits in the region; has the experience and know-how to facilitate strategy meetings for both client pursuits and major project pursuits (capture planning).
- Oversees the process of reporting client development results. This includes client and project pursuits, RFPs/RFQs, proposals, key wins and losses, industry activities and other general client development and marketing responsibilities.
- Works with corporate personnel including national accounts, sectors, legal, human resources and marketing to assist in overall company goals related to revenue growth.
- Attend professional organization, government and technical meetings/events as a representative of Terracon and coordinate/participate in these meetings and events on a regular basis.
- Develop understanding and be aware of project-related risk. Be familiar with what could go wrong on a project and how to protect the Company. Be familiar with company risk policies.
- Support our National Account Program and our National Account Managers (NAMs), as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, earth sciences, business, marketing or related degree and 6+ years’ related experience. Or, in lieu of a degree, a minimum of 10 years specific A/E/C related experience.
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable violation history.
Terracon is a 100 percent employee-owned consulting engineering firm providing quality services to clients. Since 1965, Terracon has evolved into a successful multi-discipline firm specializing in environmental, facilities, geotechnical, and materials services. Terracon currently has more than 5,000 employees in more than 150 offices with services available in all 50 states. Terracon’s growth is due to valued employees exceeding expectations in client service and growing their careers with new and exciting opportunities in the marketplace.
Terracon’s vision of “Together, we are best at people” is demonstrated through our excellent compensation and benefits package. Based on eligibility, role and job status, we offer many programs including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, paid time off and holidays, education reimbursement, and various bonus programs.
Terracon is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.
Terracon’s COVID-19 Safety Response
Committed to Our Employee Safety!
Terracon is passionate about your safety before, during, and after the COVID-19 pandemic. As Terracon continues to move forward and grow through this time, we are continuing to take every precaution to ensure the safety of our employee-owners. If you are as committed to your success as we are committed to your safety, then Terracon is the company for you!
Our goal has not changed. For Terracon, our guiding principle has been and will continue to be the safety of our employee-owners. It’s that simple. We want our employees to be able to work safely in every situation and go home safely each night. As we continue our vision of being “Best at People,” here are some of the things Terracon is doing to safeguard every employee-owner:
- On-going communication with ALL employee-owners on a dedicated COVID Response page, and a portal for their families to have access to resources as well
- Requiring specific COVID-19 Pre-Task Safety Planning Protocols for all tasks and projects
- Empowering employees to speak up and say “no” to working in unsafe conditions
- Providing an additional 40 hours of sick leave to anyone impacted by COVID-19, including those impacted by daycare and school closures
- Offering voluntary reduced work schedule for anyone needing extra time to care for others
- Load leveling work assignments across regions to maintain high productivity and chargeability
- Ensuring proper PPE and sanitation on all project sites by providing field employee-owners with mobile hand washing stations and supplies, masks, and sanitizing kits
- Utilizing technology for more remote work opportunities and innovation using everything from video conferencing to drones
- Following all CDC guidelines including social distancing on job sites, in offices, and in our labs
- Implementing a stand-by leave program to ensure our employees continue service and health insurance benefits during regional work shortages
If your passion lies in working with a company that truly cares for your safety, and if you’re interested in belonging to a 100% employee-owned organization that will help you grow and quickly progress in your career, consider Terracon and apply today!