If you are interested in posting a job on this job board, please contact Qisti Gitosuputro at Qisti@aiacolumbus.org or 614-469-1973. Posting on our job board is free for AIA Columbus members and $100.00 for non-members.
The AIA National Career Center is also a good resource for more job opportunities!
PROJECT COORDINATOR POSITION
Andrews Architects, Inc. a full-service architectural firm with a specialization in Healthcare and Senior Living environments has an immediate opening for a Project Coordinator. Our team members are collaborative, innovative, professional, expert, and entrepreneurial. Joining our team requires skill, creativity, and the willingness to solve problems with analytical and critical thinking. If you possess a commitment to excellence and meet the following qualifications, then Andrews Architects wants to speak with you.
- Ability to apply architectural techniques, procedures, and modifications to architectural construction documents.
- Ability to work independently and in a team-oriented, fast paced organization.
- Efficient problem solving and creative abilities.
- Professional graphic, written, and verbal communication skills.
Primary Duties and Essential Responsibilities include:
- Assist the Project Manager/Project Architect in cooperative team settings in all phases of architectural design.
- Preparing complete and accurate documents
- Creating computer renderings
- Other duties, as assigned
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Architecture
- Minimum of one year in the field or related area
- Proficiency in Revit
- Working knowledge of Microstation, AutoCAD, Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint, Adobe Creative Suite, and Google Sketch Up
Please send resume to:
Beth Klapp, AIA, ACHA
- Please include the word, “Resume” in the email subject line.
- Adobe Acrobat (PDF) files are required. No word processing, desktop publishing or multimedia files.
Andrews Architects, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Architect / Designer
JMM Architects is a nationally recognized firm that specializes in senior living environments. Our award-winning innovative designs have changed the way this market segment is perceived. We understand that creative architectural, interior design and land planning services are a product of our exceptional people. We would like to extend an opportunity to expand our collaborative community with a position of Designer / Project Architect
Our desire is to find an individual that has strong design and communication skills and a willingness and ability to take a project from conception to completion. This will include consultation with clients on project concepts, programming and design; preparing presentation and marketing documents; production of construction documents; coordination with support team and engineers; and negotiating through construction administration.
- A Master’s or Professional Degree in Architecture
- 5 years minimum experience – work in senior living, healthcare or hospitality is a plus
- Strong design and graphic skills
- Knowledge of building construction and detailing
- Good interpersonal skills, integrity and the ability to work effectively in a team
- Proficiency in AutoCAD Architecture, Revit, Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suite
We offer a competitive employee benefits packages, flexible work hours and a work/life balance.
Reply to Steve Busch via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
JMM Architects, Inc. 4685 Larwell Drive, Columbus, Ohio 43220
Gary J. Alexander Architects, a residential and commercial design practice, is seeking a qualified candidate for a Project Architect/Project Manager position. This practice, located in a Victorian Village landmark, has been providing architectural services for over 25 years.
The duties and responsibilities for this position include: measuring and photographing existing structures; preparation of as-built drawings; development of schematic design concepts; preparation of construction documents; materials, products and code research.
Qualified candidates must be proficient in AutoCad and 3D software, have strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to work collaboratively. Minimum requirements include a BS in Architecture and three years of experience.
If you are interested in the position, send resume and examples of work to email@example.com.
Wendy's and its franchisees operate ~6,800 restaurants in more than 30 countries and U.S. territories with a vision of becoming the world’s most thriving and beloved restaurant brand. New market expansion and further development within existing markets will continue to be dominant drivers of Wendy’s worldwide strategy over the coming years. Particularly in the U.S., Wendy’s continues its aggressive development program with new and exciting designs. The Wendy’s Company is looking for an Intern Architect / Designer to join the development team. The Designer for U.S. Implementation will work with a highly innovative team that generates designs for both traditional and non-traditional venues. In this role, you will create design solutions for new locations and review submissions provided by third party Design Professionals. A successful candidate will be motivated, have strong verbal, written, and graphic communications skills which will be necessary to collaborate with various architects and engineers across the U.S.
Education / Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor of Architecture (preferred) or Interior Design degree.
- Minimum 2 – 5 years architectural design experience in a retail, hospitality or restaurant design
- Experience working with outside consultants/sourcing/vendors, including architectural, interior, MEP, and others
- Strong communication skills and ability to work cross functionally is a must.
- Knowledge of building construction practices and design detailing
- Practical knowledge/experience of restaurant design/layouts preferred
- Working knowledge of latest materials, lighting technology, sustainability solutions, color principles and industry trends.
- Basic knowledge of North American Building Codes, Health Codes and ADA requirements.
Interested candidates can find more information by visiting Wendy’s website https://wendys-careers.com/job-search/posting/Designer-U.S.-Implementation/65949/?utm_campaign=C347590-Wendy%27s%202020-Critical%20Markets
Resumes can be sent to: Maddy.Arthur@wendys.com
BDT is a multidisciplinary design practice. Offering full-service architecture, interior and communication design, we work extensively in Healthcare, Higher Education, Commercial and Community markets. BDT is seeking an experienced Designer who helps us be a better company. This person would ideally have 5-7 years of experience in architecture or interior design.
We are building a brand that embraces open communication and collaboration as Citizen Architects who contribute to the betterment of the local community. We believe that working hard means enjoying time away from the office. In order to do both well, BDT plans to build a team of professionally skilled, motivated employees who want to routinely make the most of every day.
- 5-7 years overall professional experience.
- Autodesk AutoCad, Revit and Adobe CC proficiency.
- Ability to produce, detail, and coordinate a set of construction documents
- Ability to adapt to changing technology tools and practices and be flexible to changing project priorities.
- Strong verbal and visual presentation skills.
- Self-starter, enthusiastic and outgoing persona.
We offer our full time employees an extensive benefits package including paid time off, employee health, dental and vision plans. We also offer participation in our retirement savings plan.
Provide a cover letter, resume, names and contact information for 3 professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Then tell us a little about yourself using our application form below: