Welcome to The American Institute of Architects
Since 1857, the AIA has represented the professional interests of America’s architects. As AIA members, over 91,000 licensed architects, emerging professionals, and allied partners express their commitment to excellence in design and livability in our nation’s buildings and communities. Members adhere to a code of ethics and professional conduct that assures the client, the public, and colleagues of an AIA-member architect’s dedication to the highest standards in professional practice.
Founded in 1913 and celebrating our 100th anniversary, the AIA Columbus Chapter is one of the largest urban components of the American Institute of Architects in the Midwest with members from throughout the Central Ohio area – serving a 32-county area from Mansfield to Marietta and Columbus to Lancaster. We have over 600 members and affiliated members and are the largest component in Ohio. We seek to be the authoritative source for information on the built environment and to be the credible voice of the profession.
The AIA is a visionary membership organization providing advocacy, leadership, and resources to architects to design a better world.
Our community exists to help each other put our talents to work to create better places for people to live, work and play through:
- Equity: Advocate for diversity and inclusion in education and practice
- Collaboration: Foster industry and civic relationships
- Stewardship: Elevate sustainability to safeguard our community
- Excellence: Promote design excellence
Our Strategies Include:
- Advance Knowledge. Concentrate, curate, and disseminate knowledge required for success
- Build relationships with elected and civic leaders
- Strengthen relationships with industry partners
- Engage emerging professionals and Elevate their voices
- Develop a diverse pipeline to and within the profession
- Optimize the role of the architect to solve critical issues
Good Design Makes a Difference
For more than 150 years, members of The American Institute of Architects have worked with each other and their communities to create more valuable, healthy, secure, and sustainable buildings and cityscapes.
We advocate for the value of architecture and give architects the resources they need to do their best work. Our work drives positive change through the power of design.