Committee on Design (CoD)
The Committee on Design (CoD) aims to identify, promote, and celebrate the art of building design through a strategic engagement of professionals within our discipline, colleagues parallel to our discipline, and the public for whom we serve. In this pursuit, the CoD strives to bring to light potentials of contemporary methodologies, techniques, and practices for our profession.
1) Advocate for better design in our community by demonstrating its cultural and financial benefits
2) Educate local architects on current design trends
3) Educate local architects on the issues that typically stifle good design and how to successfully work around those issues
The CoD has two primary responsibilities regarding two platforms over the course of the calendar year: AIA Award Jury Selection and Themed Events.
1) Develop a multi-part series of educational programming centered around an annual topic
2) Select the jury for the annual AIA Awards
2021 Meeting Schedule:
The CoD meets throughout the year virtually every third Wednesday of the month.
- January 20, 2021
- February 17, 2021
- March 17, 2021
- April 21, 2021
- May 19, 2021
- June 16, 2021
- July 21, 2021
- August 18, 2021
- September 15, 2021
- October 20, 2021
- November 17, 2021
- December 15, 2021
If you have any questions, please contact our committee chairs:
Co-Chair – Lindsay Mitchell, AIA: email@example.com
Co-Chair – Aimee Moore, AIA: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are interested in joining the committee, please contact Elizabeth Krile at email@example.com.