Since 1857 the American Institute of Architects has represented the professional interests of America’s architects. As AIA members, more than 91,000 licensed architects, emerging professionals, and allied partners in designing express their commitment to excellence and livability in our nation’s buildings and communities.
Membership in the AIA offers a vast pool of resources to help you compete in today’s market and keeps you informed of critical professional issues that may challenge your success.
We invite you to become a member today. Please select your membership category from among the following descriptions or refer a new member, here! New members also receive free convention registration!
Estimate your AIA membership dues here.
Architect Member (AIA)
Individuals licensed to practice architecture in a U.S. state or territory.
Associate Member (Associate AIA)
Assoc. AIA is open to individuals who meet one of the following criteria:
- Recent Graduate with a degree in architecture
- Currently enrolled in the Intern Development Program (IDP) and working toward licensure
- Currently work under the supervision of an architect or hold a degree in architecture
- Faculty member in a university program in architecture
International Associate Member (Int’l Assoc. AIA)
Individuals who have an architecture license or equivalent from a non-U.S. licensing authority.
Emeritus membership is open to AIA architect or associate members whose membership has been in good standing for 15 successive years and either:
- At least 70 years of age and retired
- Otherwise incapacitated and unable to work in the profession