Registered Architect/Project Manager
PCI Design Group has an immediate opening for a motivated Registered Architect or experienced Project Manager to join our team! We seek a candidate who can work in a fast-paced environment and provide staff with guidance and oversight on projects. The person in this position will oversee all aspects of multiple short and long-term projects with minimal supervision.
What will you get to do in this role?
- Lead the production of drawings and specifications from schematic design through construction documents.
- Collaborate with the team to develop a building program into a building design.
- Coordinate with consulting engineers and product vendors.
- Work directly with other departments within Woda Cooper Companies.
- Maintain Quality Control and Code Compliance.
- Provide bidding assistance.
- Schedule projects.
- Comply with project budgets.
- Prepare building code and zoning reviews along with permit applications.
- Visit sites under construction and work with the construction team to ensure design intent throughout the construction administration phase.
- Manage project close-out.
What are the requirements for candidates?
- BArch or MArch required.
- Registration preferred
- LEED accreditation preferred.
- 10+ years’ working experience in schematic design through construction administration.
- MUST demonstrate proficiency in using AutoCAD/Revit and Adobe Suite.
- Proven aptitude for the management of projects.
- Capability to assemble and review a complete set of construction documents.
- Ability to train and oversee staff.
- Comprehensive knowledge of building and accessibility codes.
What additional characteristics would the ideal candidate have?
- Solid sense of project ownership and responsibility.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously.
- Team player with a positive attitude.
- Strong communication skills.
- Well organized and detail-oriented.
- Guidance – able to oversee and give direction to internal coworkers.
- Learning mindset.
What benefits are offered at PCI?
- Support of in-house and external continuing education opportunities.
- Competitive wages and annual bonus opportunities.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance Options.
- Short- and Long-Term Disability and Life Insurance Options.
- $25K Company-Paid Life Insurance policy.
- 401K option with company match.
- Employee Stock Ownership Program.
- Gym Membership Reimbursements.
- Cell Phone Discount Option.
- Paid time off, including eight paid holidays.
Who is PCI Design Group?
PCI Design Group, Inc. (PCI) is an affiliate of Woda Cooper Companies, Inc. We are a team of architects headquartered out of Columbus, Ohio, with a satellite office in Grand Rapids, Michigan. PCI has been in business since 1997 and has completed over 400 projects.
What do we do?
PCI specializes in multi-family housing projects for families and seniors. We focus on multiple types of projects, including new construction, historic renovations, rehabilitations, and retrofits. Building types include multi-story buildings, townhouses, and single-family homes. Our emphasis is on sustainable design, durability, and affordability.
This is a direct-hire, full-time position. Salary will be commensurate with experience. Must have current and continuing right to work in the United States without sponsorship. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin. All new employees will be required to be tobacco-free (as allowed by law).