AECOM is seeking an Architectural Specifications Writer for our Columbus, Ohio office.
At AECOM, we believe infrastructure creates opportunity for everyone. Whether it’s improving your commute, keeping the lights on, providing access to clean water, or transforming skylines, our work helps people and communities thrive.We take on the most complex challenges and pioneer innovative, iconic solutions that push the limits of what’s possible – the world’s longest cable-stayed bridge, record-breaking sports events, the largest greenfield port development mega project, life-sustaining disaster recovery programs, and the tallest tower in the Western Hemisphere.On projects spanning transportation, buildings, water, energy, and the environment, we deliver professional services throughout the project lifecycle.
About Buildings + Places
AECOM’s Buildings + Places practice includes architecture, interiors, building engineering, workplace strategy, business transformation, asset advisory, economics and development planning, master planning, urban planning, and landscape architecture in a dynamic, interactive, and creative work environment. With a range of expertise from strategy and design through project realization, we create better outcomes to grow economies, protect natural systems, conserve natural resources, make societies more equitable and connect and engage people through innovative, sustainable design solutions.
The Specifications Writer will provide architectural guidance, calculations, analysis, studies, and recommendations for Architectural and Engineering disciplines. The position requires the candidate to have significant project experience and knowledge to facilitate an understanding of the project design requirements and translate those requirements into specifications for materials, methods, equipment, procedures, installation, and certification testing. The position will require engagement in AECOM Quality Management Program as well as leadership in Construction Documents Production. The specification writer will report directly to the Architecture Studio Lead.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Researching architectural products
- Writing project manuals
- Overseeing project manuals authored by outsourcing services
- Developing progress and construction documents specifications for technical projects in collaboration with the design team
- Serving as a general technical support resource for staff
- Bachelor’s degree plus 6 years of related experience or demonstrated equivalency of experience and/or education
- Experience in writing specifications for architectural projects in the areas of Healthcare, Corporate/Commercial, Industrial, Higher Education, and/or Government projects
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture or Engineering
- Minimum 10 years design experience in Healthcare, Corporate/Commercial, Industrial, Higher Education, and/or Government architecture
- Building hardware experience
- Experience in developing specifications using SpecsIntact – Unified Facility Guide Specification (UFGS)
- Experience in developing specifications using e-Specs for Revit and AIA MasterSpec
- Excellent English language communication skills, both written and verbal
- Construction Specifications Institute (CSI) Membership
- Certification Construction Specifier (CCS) credentials through the Construction Specifications Institute