Architectural Job Captain
Columbus, Ohio & Grand Rapids, Michigan
PCI Design Group has an immediate opening for a motivated Architectural Job Captain to join our team! We seek a candidate who can work in a fast-paced environment and provide coworkers with guidance and oversight on all aspects of multi-family residential projects.
What will you get to do in this role?
- Lead the production of drawings from schematic design through construction documents with oversight from the Project Architect or Project Manager.
- Collaborate with the team to develop a building program into a building design.
- Coordinate with consulting engineers and product vendors.
- Work with senior-level coworkers to review work for intent, quality, and precision.
- Prepare building code and zoning reviews and permit applications.
- Create renderings, colored elevations, and other graphic documents for meetings, presentations, or submittals.
- Assist with construction administration.
What are the requirements for candidates?
- B.S. or B.A. in Architecture required, BArch or MArch preferred.
- LEED accreditation is a plus.
- 4+ years’ experience with architectural and engineering drawings.
- MUST demonstrate proficiency in using AutoCAD/Revit and Adobe Suite.
- Ability to assist in the training and oversight of coworkers.
- Understanding of design industry workflows, production cycle, and priorities.
- Familiarity with construction methods and building materials used.
- Working knowledge of building and accessibility codes.
What additional characteristics would the ideal candidate have?
- Team player with a positive attitude.
- Strong communication skills.
- Well organized and detail-oriented.
- Ability to work well under pressure on multiple projects and adjust work accordingly.
- Resourceful – able to complete tasks and find solutions under minimum supervision.
- Guidance – able to oversee and give direction to less experienced coworkers.
- Learning mindset.
What benefits are offered at PCI?
- Support of in-house and external continuing education opportunities.
- Competitive wages and annual bonus opportunities.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance Options.
- Short- and Long-Term Disability and Life Insurance Options.
- $25K Company-Paid Life Insurance policy.
- 401K option with company match.
- Employee Stock Ownership Program.
- Gym Membership Reimbursements.
- Cell Phone Discount Option.
- Paid time off, including eight paid holidays.
Who is PCI Design Group?
PCI Design Group, Inc. (PCI) is an affiliate of Woda Cooper Companies, Inc. We are a team of architects headquartered out of Columbus, Ohio, with a satellite office in Grand Rapids, Michigan. PCI has been in business since 1997 and has completed over 400 projects.
What do we do?
PCI specializes in multi-family housing projects for families and seniors. We focus on multiple types of projects, including new construction, historic renovations, rehabilitations, and retrofits. Building types include multi-story buildings, townhouses, and single-family homes. Our emphasis is on sustainable design, durability, and affordability.
To learn more about our projects and Woda Cooper Companies, you can visit us online at www.pcidesigngroup.com and www.wodagroup.com.
This is a direct-hire, full-time position. Salary will be commensurate with experience. Must have current and continuing right to work in the United States without sponsorship. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin. All new employees will be required to be tobacco-free (as allowed by law).