The Studio Lead role is a critical part of MA Design and plays a key role in stewarding our brand into the future. As a Studio Lead you will have the opportunity to run your studio as its own business entity within the Firm. This highly visible role will challenge you to excel at design, leading people, growing the client portfolio and managing the business.
The Studio Lead role manages all studio operations and reports to the Principal In Charge. Studio responsibilities include managing personnel, overseeing work flow, quality control, project staffing and scheduling.
The Studio Lead works cross-functionally with Principals, Marketing and Business Development to grow the client portfolio and will also be called upon to contribute toward solving overall Firm priorities and initiatives.
What you will do:
- Manage overall studio operations, including management of all personnel within studio, overseeing work flow, quality control, staffing, and scheduling
- Responsible for the overall performance of the studio and key scorecard metrics/KPIs
- Works with Principals and BD Director to determine the business development strategy and marketing efforts within applicable sector(s), including thought leadership efforts.
- Champion standard office systems and SOPs within team
- Handle human resources issues, such as participating in team staffing, planning, and recruitment efforts; conducting performance reviews and working with staff on goals and career development plans; directing day-to-day project work and tasks of team members
- Prepare proposals or oversee proposal preparation by team, including sub-consultant agreements
- Develop relationships with new clients and maintain relationships with existing clients with retention being tracked; lead or participate in project pursuits including interviews; work with Marketing on the preparation of marketing and interview materials for project pursuits: champion, define approach & staff needed, review and collaborate on marketing proposals
- If registered, responsible for signing/sealing all drawing sets within their studio, except as may be assigned to the Sr. PM/PA, as applicable or coordinate signing/sealing with the principal in charge. Responsible for ensuring that any stamping/sealing architects are appropriately listed on Firm Authorization legal filings, and that the assigned Project Architect is in responsible charge of production of all drawings & specs.
- A minimum of 15 years professional experience in architecture; at least 10 years of experience working in multifamily residential projects
- Bachelor’s / Master’s degree in Architecture or design related field
- Licensed Architect or actively pursuing licensure
- Thought leader in multifamily residential design
- Multifamily client base – able to bring opportunities to MA Design
- Innovative and facilitates innovation
- Understand appropriate industry technologies and software
- Ability to appropriately leverage AutoCAD and Revit as required to accomplish goals of the position, either directly or through team members. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suite.
- High level of proficiency in building code as applicable to each project
- Strong problem solving skills, communication skills, leadership skills, and mentorship skills
- Membership involvement in industry related associations
Why choose MA?
Research led and insight driven, we pride ourselves on hiring the best in the industry, giving them the freedom to explore and design as they create space for change.
With firm differentiators like our Sustainability and Experiential Design services, we continue to explore new opportunities as we stay committed to finding the design solutions and strategies that set our clients up for success for now, and what’s next.
By joining MA, you will find yourself fulfilled from your work, driven by your passion in purpose, a part of a culture of collaboration, and a place where you belong, as together we work to design the future of our communities, and beyond.
In addition, we offer the following benefits and perks:
- Comprehensive benefits package including a choice of two health insurance plans, plus vision and dental; options for HSA, HRA, and FSA; opportunities for life insurance, disability, critical illness, and accident coverage
- Leadership opportunities
- Paid time off (PTO) bank merges sick, vacation, and personal time, which allows you to the flexibility to use your paid time off as you see fit
- Seven paid holidays , two half-day paid holidays, and three floating paid holidays
- 401(k) profit sharing plan and retirement savings advising
- Impromptu get-togethers
- Workstation flexibility, including a cafe space, hoteling stations, and standing desk compatibility
- Flexible Schedule
- Ample opportunities for community engagement with our CSR partners
- Casual atmosphere with a supportive and collaborative team
- Always Passionate
- Give More Than You Get
- Relentlessly Innovative
- Stronger Together
- Energetically Optimistic
- Get Comfortable With Being Uncomfortable
- Treat Others As They Want To Be Treated
MA Design provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, MA Design complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
MA Design expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of MA Design’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.