At MA, we work together every day toward our mission of enriching lives through innovative design. Our core values guide our motivation to perform and excel as a team. Working for our firm, you will join a team of over 80 passionate professionals, banded together by a dedication to design and a commitment to community. We are thought leaders, always seeking to leverage our expertise to enhance communities and elevate human experiences. Our company culture is genuine and supportive, built on a foundation of strong relationships, shared passion for great design, and a penchant for fun.
If you are a dynamic, innovative, and driven team player, we’d love to talk.
MA Design is hiring a Senior Project Manager (Healthcare) for our Columbus office. In this role, you will be responsible for the overall management of all aspects of multiple projects from beginning to completion, with varying timelines. You will also be responsible for management of staff assigned to your project teams.
What you will do:
- Manage all phases of any given project and lead project teams through entire project lifecycle.
- Develop and manage project schedules, budgets, and scope of work; serve as primary client liaison.
- Communicate and coordinate with clients, consultants, and all in-house team members.
- Oversees the production of construction documents, from the schematic design phase through construction administration.
- Schedule production activities and staffing in alignment with available project hours.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organizations’ policies and applicable laws. May be responsible for completing performance appraisals for junior staff as assigned.
- Support organizational efforts to retain new clients and/or projects through marketing research, strategic communications and strategic planning.
- Mentors junior staff.
What you bring to the table:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture or related field; 15-19 years experience as PM in architecture firm
- M. Arch, Architectural licensure preferred
- Proficiency in Revit; Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, and Microsoft Office
- Thorough knowledge of construction materials and methods including sustainable solutions.
- Understand appropriate industry technologies and software
- Accountable for the preparation of architectural contracts and adherence to internal project budgets; works with Accounting to complete monthly billings
- High level of proficiency in building code as applicable to each project
- Excellent leadership, problem solving, and communication skills, and effective client relationship skills
- Ability to manage a diverse project team, including consultants, clients, and internal architectural teams
- Thorough understanding of and participation in MA’s internal QA/QC process
Why choose MA?
Research led and insight driven, we pride ourselves on hiring the best in the industry, giving them the freedom to explore and design as they create space for change.
With firm differentiators like our Sustainability and Experiential Design services, we continue to explore new opportunities as we stay committed to finding the design solutions and strategies that set our clients up for success for now, and what’s next.
By joining MA, you will find yourself fulfilled from your work, driven by your passion in purpose, a part of a culture of collaboration, and a place where you belong, as together we work to design the future of our communities, and beyond.
In addition, we offer the following benefits and perks:
- Comprehensive benefits package including a choice of two health insurance plans, plus vision and dental; options for HSA, HRA, and FSA; opportunities for life insurance, disability, critical illness, and accident coverage
- Leadership opportunities
- Paid time off (PTO) bank merges sick, vacation, and personal time, which allows you to the flexibility to use your paid time off as you see fit
- Seven paid holidays, two half-day paid holidays, and three floating holidays
- 401(k) profit sharing plan and retirement savings advising
- Impromptu get-togethers
- Workstation flexibility, including a cafe space, hoteling stations, and standing desk compatibility
- Flexible Schedule
- Ample opportunities for community engagement with our CSR partners
- Casual atmosphere with a supportive and collaborative team
- Always Passionate
- Give More Than You Get
- Relentlessly Innovative
- Stronger Together
- Energetically Optimistic
- Get Comfortable With Being Uncomfortable
- Treat Others As They Want To Be Treated
MA Design provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, MA Design complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
MA Design expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of MA Design’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.