Senior Architect / Project Manager
GUNZELMAN architecture + interiors is a diversified full service professional practice located in the Merion Village neighborhood of Columbus. We craft tailored solutions to design needs that are timeless, enlightened, and responsive. Our practice is recognized for shaping our community through exceptional design solutions that prioritize long-term value.
GAI has earned the designation of Early Professional Friendly Firm Plus+ by AIA Ohio for 2023.
GAI offers an exciting career opportunity for an architectural professional join a small design-focused firm that will give you experiences to chart your own course and further your career path. You can learn and grow with us, explore new ways of thinking, and expand your capabilities. Advancement within the firm extends all the way to the principal position(s).
We are engaged in the community and the architecture profession. Our firm culture actively encourages involvement in the AIA, community review boards, and other community activities of interest.
Our office culture is an integrated office with group design discussions, bi-weekly team meetings, family friendly, and encouragement of work/life balance.
The successful candidate should present:
- Registered Architect with a M.Arch. degree from an accredited university
- A minimum of 5-7 years’ experience in an architectural firm
- Self-starter with strong design abilities and capable of resolving complex aesthetic and technical challenges to produce efficient, constructible solutions
- Experience successfully managing projects ranging from $2 million – $10 million design projects, including scopes, budgets, schedules, deliverables, etc. and coordinating design consultants and internal team members
- Ability to serve as a leader in the realization of design vision into completed projects
- Strong communication skills and confidence to be the liaison between office, clients, contractors, and consultants and actively participate in client and design team meetings
- Expert use of REVIT and SketchUp software as construction and presentation document tools and ability to guide junior staff in the production of drawings in support of the complete design package
- Understanding of the Ohio Building Code and ADA requirements
- Experience in specification writing and performing code reviews
- Team and detail-oriented with excellent communication, organizational and multi-tasking skills, and strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects and project teams simultaneously
- Knowledge of construction methods and details and expertise in preparation of construction documents – drawings, specifications, estimates
- Multi-family and commercial design experience
- Ability to play an active role in business development and client management
Applicant should present strengths in written, verbal and graphic communication using Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop) and Autodesk REVIT software.
GAI is an equal opportunity employer. We provide competitive salary with a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Paid Holidays
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance (shared cost for employee coverage)
- Simple IRA retirement plan with employer matching
- Paid Time Off
- Reimbursement for professional development and registration
Salary is commensurate with experience with an expected range of $80,000-$100,000 per year.
Please e-mail your cover letter, samples of work and resume, including references to [email protected].