DLR Group is an integrated design firm that aspires to be the most creative enterprise on the planet. Our brand promise is to elevate the human experience through design. If that challenge is appealing, you’re at the right place.
The Architecture team has an opening for a Project Architect for the K-12 practice.
Location: Columbus, Ohio
As an Architect at DLR Group you will be responsible for managing all aspects of project document development and coordinating with all project team members to maintain the quality of the work product within the established project schedule for large and small complex K-12 projects. As part of our integrated design teams you create buildings that elevate the human experience through design. You will partner directly with the Project Manager to ensure the financial health of the project, the quality of project documents, claim prevention, team collaboration and communication. Additionally, you will lead the cross-functional design disciplines in developing technical solutions.
The successful candidate will
- Have a comprehensive understanding of, and the ability to coordinate and lead, the design disciplines in developing technical solutions
- Have knowledge of all aspects of professional practice from schematic design through project close-out.
- Be able to work and present ideas in a team environment as well as self-manage and self-motivate in a creative environment
- Possess a high level of technical proficiency in the production of drawings
- Work directly with Project Managers and Designers in the conceptual development of project documents
- Grow as a leader of the in-house team, coordinating with engineers, interior designers, the PM and consultants
- Demonstrated educational portfolio of K-12 and/or higher education
- Passionate about Education
- Intent to become a Registered Ohio Architect within a reasonable agreed upon time frame
- 5+ years of experience as a Project Architect working on K-12 or higher education projects
- Proficient in the use of REVIT and CAD computer modeling and rendering software
- The ability to travel occasionally to support project tasks
- Significant experience working with Ohio Facilities Construction Commission
DLR Group is an integrated design firm delivering architecture, engineering, interiors, planning, and building optimization for new construction, renovation, and adaptive reuse. Our promise is to elevate the human experience through design. This promise inspires sustainable design for a diverse group of public and private sector clients; local communities; and our planet. DLR Group is 100 percent employee-owned and fully supports the initiatives and goals of the 2030 Challenge and is an initial signatory to the China Accord and the AIA 2030 Commitment.
Visit dlrgroup.com and follow us on Twitter, Instagram and at LinkedIn.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.
Email resume to Jasmine Proudfoot at Jproudfoot@dlrgroup.com