We’re Looking for a Project Architect to Join our Team
About Schooley Caldwell
Schooley believes in the ability of architecture to create a better world. Our architects and interior designers consider design to be about creating the physical environment where culture thrives and people excel. We do this by relying on strong collaboration and challenging each other to make good ideas even better.
This thinking has allowed us to build a strong portfolio of work in various public and private markets. We have a strong reputation for historic preservation and adaptive reuse and are equally strong at designing new buildings. Our background includes experience in civic/government facilities, higher education, student housing, cultural and recreation facilities, commercial spaces, multi‐family/mixed‐use, and hospitality.
We seek a creative Project Architect with 5+ years of experience to work in a collaborative environment on the development of architectural projects from initiation to closeout.
- Responsible for managing a project team, from design through construction documents
- Serve as construction administrator
- Oversee the work of designers and intern architects
- Responsible for coordination of engineering and other consultants
- Assist in creating project schedules and budgets
- Knowledgeable about building codes, construction techniques, as well as building materials
- Attend and often lead project meetings
- Establish and nurture client relationships
- Participate in professional development and mentorship roles
- Participate in marketing/business development
- Architectural license (registration in the State of Ohio is preferred)
- Strong design and technical skills with a demonstrated portfolio
- Experience with construction administration, including responding to RFIs, reviewing
- submittals, executing change orders, and preparing field reports
- Ability to lead, coach, and mentor others
- Possess a strong client‐service orientation
- Previous experience in higher education, civic/cultural, hospitality, corporate, or historic
- preservation/adaptive reuse projects is preferred
- Proficient in Revit is a must
What’s it like to work here?
“Support and trust the team” is one of Schooley Caldwell’s most important core values. Those words don’t just live on paper – they come to life every day and are validated by a recent employee engagement survey where our staff used these terms to describe our culture: inclusive, supportive, flexible, and friendly. Leadership transparency and a belief in lifelong learning also influence our culture. We walk the walk, too, regarding diversity, equity, and inclusion. We a certified MBE firm by the State of Ohio half of our team are women and 20% are people of color.
Schooley Caldwell is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Please email your resume and portfolio to [email protected].