Location: Dayton, OH
Master Plans Examiner – Dayton, OH
Our team is filled with innovators, over achievers, and difference makers—hard working professionals who care about their work, their communities, and the lives of people around them. The positive, charismatic nature of the people behind SAFEbuilt fuels our commitment to keeping our communities strong and safely built. Join us and discover unbounded opportunities for a meaningful and rewarding career.
We are currently seeking a talented and experienced Master Plans Examiner to join our team of professionals. This position offers great opportunity for dynamic, motivated self-starters to work on a variety of work assignments. You’ll be a member of our highly respected team of professionals with a full complement of resources to support you and exciting projects to keep you challenged.
- Reviews all plans and specifications for commercial, industrial, and residential projects to ensure compliance with city, state, and federal laws and regulations.
- Initiates preconstruction conferences with contractors and/or developers and associated staff members.
- Provides technical direction and assistance to inspection personnel relating to field problems.
- Assess and resolve complaints received from clients, applicants, public, designers, and contractors.
- Regularly interacts directly with municipal clients and their staff.
- May be required to perform inspections on as needed basis, providing interpretation of codes in the field.
- Oversight and quality control of Building Plans Examiner’s plan reviews.
- Attends meetings, educational seminars, and functions relating to building codes.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Extensive knowledge of local building codes and current construction procedures/technology.
- Must possess the ability to positively interact with other staff members, the general public, contractors, governmental agencies, and other clientele.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Good time management, organization, and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise initiative and a considerable amount of independent judgment.
- Ability to prepare written plan review correspondence and update information into software programs.
- Candidate must be able to handle multiple projects in a fast-paced atmosphere.
- Candidate must stay familiar and up to date with different editions of the Ohio Building Codes.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Master Plans Examiner certification as issued by the Ohio Board of Building Standards required.
- ICC Building Plans Examiner Certification required.
- Additional ICC Certifications are a plus.
COMPENSATION: Competitive salary and benefits package.
More About SAFEbuilt: One of the fastest growing providers of privatized community development solutions in the country, SAFEbuilt partners with over 800 communities of all shapes and sizes throughout the country for the efficient delivery of privatized community development solutions including: building department services, community and transportation planning & zoning and community improvement services. Learn more at: http://safebuilt.com/
With Growth Comes Opportunity! Our culture is positive and energetic as we empower people to do what they do best. SAFEbuilt employs over 1100 highly qualified and motivated individuals who share the common Core Values of Integrity, Respect, Service, Teamwork and Improvement. We offer a strong salary and benefits package to reward ability, certification levels, and work experience. Benefits include health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurances, paid holidays, paid time off, paid training, new certification bonuses, a matching 401K Plan, and more.
SAFEbuilt is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at [email protected] or you may call us directly on 970-292-2200.