Where are you going? Where can we go together? Come along with us, and we’ll design a more humane world together! At NAC, our vision is to create spaces that bring healing, empower learning, and cause delight to every user. At NAC, we are not just architects; we’re curious explorers that take on a courageous approach that champions wellness and learning environments, with features of sustainability, and a sense of happiness for our users. Are you ready? The Columbus office wants to welcome passionate and growth minded leaders to their staff.
Our canvas is vast, from local projects to national award-winning marvels on the west coast. Our clients are served from offices located in Los Angeles, CA, Spokane, WA, Seattle, WA, and Columbus, OH and we are experts in education, healthcare, and civic projects.
At NAC, we are much more than co-workers: we possess an Olympian spirit and a conscientious team attitude. We embody a relatable down-to-earth informality in all of our human interactions yet strive for design excellence and cherish every opportunity to make our world more humane.
Where will you take us?
You will be responsible to provide technical leadership and documentation coordination including development of design drawings, technical documentation and leading project team assignments for projects which may be multiple, large, and complex in scope. You will need a commitment to design excellence, user experience, material health, social purpose, and sustainability. We’ll need your expertise on the finished plans, specifications and approval of materials and construction on projects.
- Licensed architects or candidates for licensure are preferred but not required.
- Responsible for all phases of project development and management of construction documents and the execution of technical documentation which may include interpreting, organizing, and executing project team assignments.
- Responsible to conduct construction administration duties, such as site visits, RFI responses, submittals, and punch list reviews.
- In depth resolution of subject area, definition of scope, selection of items for investigation and development of novel concepts and methods.
- Responsible to establish and maintain budget, task schedule, and other components of the work plan with Project Manager.
- Provide leadership and oversight of a project team.
- Responsible for analyses of design, design data, and planning as related to project scope.
- Participate in marketing efforts and lead presentations to prospective clients.
- Proficiency in Revit required.
- Strong working knowledge of zoning and building codes, specifications, building /engineering systems, and agency requirements (NFPA, ADAAG, FGI, OBC, IBC)
- A high caliber blend of both design, technical and presentation skills.
- Advanced knowledge in the design process, construction documentation and construction administration.
Where will we take you?
We welcome you to our collective identity and continually support you.
We are collaborative.
We are inclusive.
We value diversity.
We respect differing opinions.
We empower each other.
We are generous with our knowledge. Our employee-lead NAC Academy offers year-round professional development and mentoring opportunities.
NAC offers competitive compensation, 401k employer match, generous benefit package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance and disability. HSA employer match, 8 paid holidays, vacation/sick benefits and flexible hours. As a salaried, exempt employee, you will also be eligible for the NAC quarterly bonus plan which is based on company financials and personal performance.
Ready to join us? Share your journey with us by sending your resume, portfolio, and other qualifications to [email protected] We can’t wait to connect and create! Who knows maybe we’ll save a life or two together.