This circa 1890 Victorian Vernacular style home was saved from demolition in 1980, purchased for $1, and relocated two blocks away in the historic Victorian Village neighborhood just north of downtown Columbus. The uniquely configured site included the original corner lot, where a duplex had been demolished, and portions of two adjacent parcels. Placement of the relocated house in the middle of the site filled the depth of the property, while leaving expansive north and south side yards. The resulting open space left non-characteristic voids in this high-density urban neighborhood with narrow lots and close side property lines. The original north wall of the house was essentially a blank brick wall, with only one window opening on the second floor.
Over the years several renovation projects took place, although many of the original historic materials remained. The current Owners were interested in retaining historic elements, undoing some of the changes, and envisioned the opportunity to expand into the open portions of the site.
Per COVID-19 protocols and at the owner’s request, all participants must wear a face mask and practice social distancing.
Limited space available.
September 30, 2021
Two time slots: 4 PM and 5 PM
Earn 1.0 LU|HSW
AIA Member: $3