Midland Architecture is an award-winning design studio located in Columbus, Oh. We are looking for a creative, collaborative team member who shares our holistic approach to architecture and interior design.
Working with and under the direction of Designers and Principals, candidates should have at least three years of professional experience and interest in small scale architecture. The role requires a strong command of AutoCad/Revit and familiarity with design principles, computer-aided drafting technologies, and building codes to ensure that drawings are accurate and present necessary information. As a full-time salaried position this role requires a minimum of 40 hours per week.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work closely with Principles and project architects to assist with all phases of a project, including but not limited, to the production of Concept, Schematic, & Design Development drawings, sketches, 3D modeling, and presentations.
- Contribute innovative design ideas that capture the intended design vision.
- Record and measure existing conditions to produce as-built documentation.
- Collaborate with clients and project consultants to meet project objectives.
- Assist in general office initiatives and contribute to the office culture.
- Fluency in AutoCAD and/or Revit (knowledge of SketchUp and Adobe Creative Suite is a plus)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Professional degree in Architecture
- 3-5 years work experience
- Possess a balanced blend of design and technical skills.
- Passionate for providing exceptional client service.
- Paid vacation and holidays
- 100% Health insurance coverage for employees.
- SIMPLE IRA plan with employer match available.
For consideration, applicants should submit the following to [email protected]:
- A cover letter indicating your interest in the position
- A current resume including references
- A portfolio of work samples