Ohio Department of Development
Job Title: Senior Project Manager
Position Number: 20077573
Starting Salary: $75,000-90,000 yr. (based on qualifications)
Job Classification/Status: Unclassified, Exempt
Location: 77 South High Street, 29th Floor, Columbus, Ohio
Work Hours: Day Hours, M-F
Supervisor: Greg Woods, Chief Marketing Officer
Manages assigned special projects that cover all phases of project management, with activities & responsibilities resting primarily with the Ohio Department of Development (i.e., ODOD) Marketing Division: Develops detailed project schedules & work plans, monitoring progress & making adjustments as needed; determines & defines project scope & objectives; manages the timeline & execution of special projects, including initiating the project plans, placing orders, tracking production, scheduling installation & overseeing logistics; provides project updates on a consistent basis to the Office of The Governor, ODOD leadership & various stakeholders about strategy, adjustments & progress; manages resources in an effective & efficient manner; works cross-functionally with the department divisions, other State agencies & outside vendors to order or secure needed supplies & products; prepares budgets & timelines based on scope of work & resource requirements; tracks project cost in order to meet budget; organizes & maintains storage & inventory as necessary; manages contracts with vendors & suppliers by assigning tasks & communicating expected deliverables.
Demonstrates commitment to ensuring the Department of Development’s Customer Service Standards in accordance with ORC. 121.91(A)
Qualifications: (A test may be given to determine qualifications)
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in the areas of marketing, business/public administration, engineering, architecture, design, public policy, political science, city & regional planning or other relevant area.
- National Council for Interior Design Qualifications (NCIDQ) a plus.
- Minimum of 5 years project management experience required.
- Understanding of architectural visualizations, drawings & renderings.
- Knowledge of marketing concepts & design plus:
- ability to take conceptualizations to reality
- adept at sourcing products & materials
- ability to manage contractors & suppliers.
- Experience in preparing & adhering to budgets & tracking expenditures.
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office 365.
The final candidate selected for this position will be required to undergo a criminal background check & drug screen. Criminal convictions do not necessarily preclude an applicant from consideration for a position. An individual assessment of an applicant’s prior criminal convictions will be made before excluding an applicant from consideration.
TO APPLY, VISIT http://careers.ohio.gov OR SUBMIT RESUME/APPLICATION TO:
Ohio Department of Development, Human Resources Office
77 South High Street, 27th Floor, Columbus, Ohio 43215-6130
The State of Ohio is an Equal Opportunity Employer