AECOM is seeking a Senior Project Manager to be based in Columbus, Ohio.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Plans, directs, and leads all technical staff in successful execution of projects in design and construction.
- Acts as primary point of contact with client
- Reviews and negotiates contracts and prepares fee proposals
- Delivers positive financial metrics including as sold profit and cash management
- Manages and leads design and construction administration project(s)
- Successfully develops strategy, prepares proposals, negotiates contracts, and leads project teams and executes projects
- Manages and leads all technical, financial, and client satisfaction areas using established processes and tools
- Manages teams across business lines and manage subconsultants
- Manages projects on a local, regional, or national basis achieving quality outcomes, positive financial performance, and client satisfaction.
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/subcontractors for the flawless execution of projects
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
- Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
- Ensure resource availability and allocation
- Develop and monitor a detailed project plan to track progress and identify shortfalls in a timely manner
- Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule and project costs to minimize risk
- Measure project performance using appropriate tools and techniques
- Report and escalate to management as needed
- Manage the relationship with the client and all stakeholders
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
- Delegate project tasks based on junior staff members’ individual strengths, skill sets and experience levels
- Track project performance, specifically to analyze the successful completion of short and long-term goals
- Meet budgetary objectives and adjust project constraints based on financial analysis
- BA/BS and eight (8) years of relevant experience or demonstrated equivalency of education and/or experience
- 10+ years of progressively responsible experience in Architecture or Engineering leading multidisciplinary teams on business development (e.g., project proposals) and project deliverables (e.g., technical reports, studies, construction documents) is strongly preferred
- Experience in implementing design quality assurance and quality control activities
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated team-building ability and internal/ external networking skills
- Ability to interact regularly and professionally with senior management and technical staff in other offices on business development and project execution issues
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment and adapt to changing priorities
- Proven organizational skills with a proven track record in client satisfaction
- Sponsorship for US work authorization is not available for this position.
- Relocation and/or per diem benefits are not offered.
What We Offer
We will give you the flexibility you need to do your best work with hybrid work options. Whether you’re working from an AECOM office, remote location or at a client site, you will be working in a dynamic environment where your integrity, entrepreneurial spirit and pioneering mindset are championed.
You will help us foster a culture of equity, diversity and inclusion – a safe and respectful workplace, where we invite everyone to bring their whole selves to work using their unique talents, backgrounds and expertise to create transformational outcomes for our clients.
We will encourage you to grow and develop your career with us through our technical and professional development programs and diverse career opportunities. We believe in leadership at all levels. No matter where you sit in the organization you can make a lasting impact on the projects you work on, the teams and committees you join and our business.
We offer competitive pay and benefits, well-being programs to support you and your family, and the development resources you need to advance your career.
When you join us, you will connect and collaborate with a global network of experts – planners, designers, engineers, scientists, consultants, program and construction managers – leading the change toward a more sustainable and equitable future. Join us and let’s get started.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
If interested apply here: https://aecom.jobs/columbus-oh/project-manager-v/A81CEDF701604CF79723A2202C782790/job/