Senior Project Architect
SHYFT Collective is searching for a Senior Project Architect with 10-15 years’ experience to assist clients, colleagues and consultants in our Columbus, Ohio office. SHYFT is a firm built around WHY. Our unique purpose is to offer traditional services with a more integrated project delivery model to help clients achieve their WHY. Our creative environment and culture are built to influence design and project excellence, and to best reward individuals as part of a team through an unparalleled amount of transparency. If you’re looking for a firm where culture is paramount, you can be rewarded for your successful efforts, have real impact on your WHY while maintaining a healthy balance of work and play; we would be proud to meet and discuss that opportunity with you.
- Lead project team through strategic planning, programming & all design phases
- Provide and coordinate technical and specification documentation
- Lead project through governing jurisdictional processes
- Interpret and incorporate building codes
- Lead internal team members and external trade partners for budgeting and/or constructability review
- Coordinates with colleagues, clients & sub-consultants for quality assurance and quality control checks
- Communicate project decisions and document correspondence through email, minutes, and project notes.
- Excels with client interaction and service in a timely and cost-effective manner
- Create strong community and client relations.
- An accredited undergraduate degree or master’s degree in Architecture with 10+ years’ experience
- Great verbal and written communication skills with the ability to prioritize responsibilities
- Software skill requirements:
- REVIT and AutoCAD
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Microsoft Suite
- Additional software skills preferred
- Sketch up
As a creative culture, individuals are encouraged to work within our flexible work hours and work environments; and in potential local, regional, and national travel as needed.
For this position, we offer a flexible work culture, annual salary, multiple bonus opportunities, and a competitive benefits package. A few benefit highlights include:
- Paid holidays (Total of Nine days – New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor Day, Thanksgiving/Day after Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve/Christmas)
- Paid personal time – Three weeks/year with the ability to gain additional PTO
- Annual membership dues for AIA and other professional registrations, as applicable
- Flexible technology, including hardware and software programs required to do your best work
- Company-provided parking
We encourage qualified candidates to submit by email a resume, cover letter, and work samples to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applicants should submit work samples in advance of any potential interviews. Work samples should ideally be one PDF attachment and a maximum of 20 pages at 6 MB.