Memmer Homes is an award- winning residential homebuilder and is seeking a hard-working and dedicated architectural designer with a drafting background to join our team. This lead position will be exclusively working on high-end homes and will have influence on drawing and engineering plans for houses constructed in highly sought-after communities.
This is a key role in the company and requires collaboration with the sales, estimating and operations managers. Team members work together to create plans, adjust information and resolve issues during the design process. A successful candidate will be a self-motivated individual, has the ability to prioritize, is detail oriented, efficient and produces quality output. Our clients trust us to deliver a home that reflects what’s most important to them but it all begins with an exceptional design created by you.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Draft complete set of construction drawings and documentation for residential projects.
- Modify existing drawings and elevations to meet sales/client needs.
- Resolve design issues and ensure quality and efficiency.
- Assist with addressing comments from building department officials.
- Ensure timely turnaround on projects.
- Proficiency with AutoCAD and/or Chief Architect.
- Minimum 5 Years of design/drafting experience.
- Requires an understanding of construction methods, residential code requirements, drafting techniques, engineering concepts and terminology.
- Highly organized with the ability to prioritize.
- Excellent listening and communication skills.
- Must handle multiple tasks with ease.
- Must have attention for detail.
- Self-starter that manages time and can complete tasks without supervision.
- Ability to work collaboratively with team members.
- Maintain positive and professional attitude.
- Full time position, minimum of 40 hours per week.
Job Location: Columbus, Ohio
We look forward to finding a team member that is eager to work in a fast-paced environment. If you take pride and satisfaction in delivering quality results, are passionate about working as a committed member of a team, possess the skills and experiences we seek, this opportunity may be right for you!
Please email a cover letter, resume and portfolio samples to [email protected].