Senior Architectural Associate
JBAD, an award-winning design firm, is seeking qualified candidates interested in joining a dynamic and innovative team committed to excellence in every facet of architectural design and project execution. Our new team member can expect participation in a diverse and broad range of project types and experience a strong potential for advancement.
Our Mission: We use thoughtful, innovative, and beautiful designs to realize aspirational visions for our clients and enrich our communities.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- BArch or MArch degree from an accredited university, as well as professional registration or ongoing pursuit thereof
- A minimum of 5-7 years of professional experience with an architectural firm
- Strong design abilities, capable of resolving complex aesthetic and technical challenges to produce efficient, constructible solutions
- Ability to serve as a project leader in the realization of a design vision
- Effective communication skills and confidence to work with clients, contractors, and consultants in design team meetings
- Professional experience using REVIT and SketchUp software as construction and presentation documentation tools
- Strong working knowledge of the Ohio Building Code and ADA/Accessibility requirements
- Ability to work and coordinate with a full range of project consultants
- A working knowledge of specification writing and developing code reviews
- Detail-oriented with excellent organizational, multi-tasking, and strong problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of construction methods with expertise in the preparation of construction documents, including drawings, specifications, estimates
- Multi-family design experience preferred but not required
- Familiarity with wood and hybrid structural systems
Applicant should present strengths in both written, verbal, and graphic communication, as well as Microsoft Word, Excel, and Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop).
This is an excellent opportunity for a self-starter who excels working both independently and with teams and who seeks fast-paced professional growth and development.
JBAD is an equal opportunity employer. We provide a competitive salary, commensurate with experience, with a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance coverage with premiums equally shared by JBAD and employee
- Company paid STD, LTD, AD&D and Life insurance
- Retirement benefits with company match up to 3%
- Generous paid time off
- Reimbursement for professional development and licensure fees
Please e-mail your introduction letter, resume, samples of work and references to: firstname.lastname@example.org.