Project Manager – Healthcare
CannonDesign has an exciting opportunity for a Project Manager based in our Columbus, OH office with remote work options available. Look at the description below. If you think your skills and experience, make you a good match for this position, we’d love to hear from you. We’re looking for creative, curious, empathetic people to join our Living-Centered Design movement.
ABOUT OUR FIRM
CannonDesign is an integrated design solutions firm focused on helping people continuously flourish. Whether designing for innovations in health, new scientific discoveries, equity in education or the next big idea in business, we use our Living-Centered Design approach to help organizations realize widespread change. Our ability to design transformational places, plans and strategies is why Fast Company named us a World Changing Company and one of the most innovative design firms in the world.
ABOUT THE ROLE
This role is focused on providing project management within an office or market and team leadership, mentoring our people, advancing the quality of our work, integrating our range of design services, managing our processes, and delivering solid financial performance.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Lead, develop and nurture a successful partnering relationship with our clients which will lead to future opportunities for CannonDesign.
- Develop and maintain positive client relations throughout the life of the project. Communicate design, construction, and other issues to clients in a clear and compelling way.
- Develop a Partnering relationship with the client early in an engagement to establish shared expectations and provide clarity on how we will work together, the involvement of key stakeholders, and the timing of key decisions.
- Ensure appropriate client and internal communication including written project documentation. Play a lead role in key meetings and presentations.
- Participate in Business Development activity and partner with Marketing and Office Leadership as needed to help grow top line.
- Understand our contractual obligations to the client and the project to ensure that the team delivers on expectations for our scope of work and required services. Work proactively with the client to identify and obtain approvals for additions to scope of work or services prior to undertaking the work. Proactively communicate with and influence clients to approve and process payables for our services.
- Lead project teams, in conjunction with the client leadership, to develop project goals and work plans, and achieve quality, budget, schedule, innovation and profitability objectives.
- Facilitate the development, evolution and management of the work plan, budget, and schedule. Preferred tools include MS Project and Deltek Project Planning.
- Manage design and documentation process and implementation of the design during the construction process.
- Accountable to maintain the project record, includes but not limited to capture and documenting key decisions and records within the CannonDesign standard file structure.
- Accountable for Risk mitigation and Compliance.
- Accountable for developing a risk management plan and managing project Risks.
- Collaborate effectively with all team members. Generate and support a positive team environment: participation, empowerment, and accomplishment.
- Implement CannonDesign Method using process expectations, best practices, reference standards, tools, templates, and technology to achieve competitive advantage, superior service delivery and quality, and enhanced team productivity and profitability.
- Manage and coordinate workload of team and provide leadership of team activities. Communicate client objectives to team members in a clear and compelling way. Provide constructive feedback and mentoring to team members. Identify and share lessons learned with teams.
- Be a proactive resource to project teams in their decision-making processes and in the development of technically sound and innovative planning and design solutions.
- Meet with project team members on a regular basis to monitor work in progress and to assure that the firm’s best practice standards and procedures are being implemented.
- Responsible for ensuring that all statutory requirements for the project are achieved.
- Accountable for the QA/QC process. Monitor the technical quality of the projects. Enforce the application of QA/QC process standards and requirements. Additionally, be an active participant in the QAQC process.
- Coordinate with the Project Architect and the Quality leader in planning the work.
- Participate in negotiating the contract with other project leadership, the Business Practice Leader and Legal Team.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
ABOUT YOUR QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Engineering, Construction, Business or related degree required.
- Must have at least 10 years of experience performing as a project manager on projects.
- Experience working on healthcare projects that has exceeded $100 million in construction costs required.
- Experience leading integrated project teams is preferred.
- Licensure or registration in the United States preferred.
- LEED accreditation preferred.
- Must have the ability to be client facing with strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong business acumen, technical knowledge, coordination skills and the ability to build a rapport with the project team and client is essential.
- Familiarity with Revit, Microsoft Office, MS Project, Deltek Vision, Bluebeam as well as other data management software is required.
*TO APPLY, UPLOAD YOUR RESUME THROUGH OUR CAREERS PAGE AT WWW.CANNONDESIGN.COM/CAREERS
As a Federal Contractor, CannonDesign is required to comply with President Biden’s Executive Order 14042. Therefore, as a condition of employment, all employees must provide proof of receipt of a full COVID-19 vaccination unless qualified for a valid medical or religious accommodation.
ABOUT WORKING HERE
- We are relentless in our pursuit of client adoration (not simply satisfaction). Consistent delivery of the best service is what we are about.
- We are committed to ensuring our practice is equitable for all employees, representative of the communities around us – and focused on the future of design. We advocate for equity, diversity, and inclusion efforts through the leadership of our DEI Council, Employee Resource Groups and other community advocacy initiatives.
- We’re about communication and transparency here. If you want to talk to someone about an idea you have, or a challenge that needs addressing, we’re ready for you.
For a general overview of our benefits, please visit our careers page at www.cannondesign.com/careers/
Please note that candidates can only apply to our positions on our company Careers site. It’s not uncommon for scammers to create positions that look legitimate on other sites; never enter your information or apply for CannonDesign positions on any platform. Should an issue arise that you feel we should be aware of, please contact us. Please provide your resume and portfolio when applying.
As a condition of employment, all employees are expected to complete mandatory training, including compliance training, within required timeframes and adhere to our internal policies and our Code of Conduct.
CannonDesign recognizes the value of diversity in our workforce. We are committed to equal opportunity. We consider all qualified employment applicants without regard to race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, partnership status, protected veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Individuals who hold legal work authorization applicable to employment at CannonDesign in the United States will be considered without regard to citizenship/alienage.