Midland Architecture is an award-winning design studio located in Columbus, Oh. We are looking for a creative, collaborative team member who shares our holistic approach to architecture and interior design.
Working independently and in collaboration with Principals, candidates should have at least six years of professional experience and interest in small scale architecture. The role requires a strong command of AutoCad/Revit and a deep understanding of design principles, architectural methods, and building codes to ensure an outstanding level of quality for project delivery. As a full-time salaried position this role requires a minimum of 40 hours per week.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work both closely with Principles and independently to develop all phases of a project, including but not limited, to the production of Concept, Schematic, & Design Development drawings, sketches, 3D modeling, and presentations.
- Provide technical expertise to ensure coordinated and high-quality construction documents and act independently regarding architectural methods.
- Contribute innovative design ideas that capture the intended design vision.
- Collaborate with clients and project consultants to meet project objectives.
- Provide leadership for team and client meetings.
- Assist in general office initiatives and contribute to the office culture.
- Fluency in AutoCAD and/or Revit (knowledge of SketchUp and Adobe Creative Suite is a plus).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Professional degree in Architecture (Architecture License preferred).
- 6+ years work experience.
- Possess a balanced blend of design and technical skills.
- Working knowledge of zoning and building codes, specifications, building /engineering systems, and agency requirements.
- Passionate for providing exceptional client service.
- Paid vacation and holidays.
- 100% Health coverage for employees, including vision and dental.
- SIMPLE IRA plan with employer match available.
For consideration, applicants should submit the following to [email protected]:
- A cover letter indicating your interest in the position
- A current resume including references
- A portfolio of work samples