MKC Architects has an immediate opening for a Project Architect in Columbus, Ohio. We are seeking applicants with 5+ years professional experience and has a design & technical focus responsible for significant project activities. The successful applicant will be able to demonstrate critical thinking and problem-solving creativity while preparing documentation for delivering public and private commercial architectural projects. We seek a Project Architect who is organized, can provide technical direction, and leads multiple projects from conception to completion. He/she is responsible to ensure the design, specifications, and construction documents meet governing codes, regulations, company standards and standards of the industry. The successful candidate is responsible for managing engineering consultants associated with any project to ensure thorough coordination, quality workmanship, schedule, and budget compliance. Working literacy and capability in Revit is required. Candidates need to be able to work in an office that has a casual culture with a team approach. The successful candidate will be a thinker/doer/manager, charged with leading the project and undertaking tasks associated with the full range of architectural project delivery, directing project teams of 1-3 members’ work, coordinating with consultants and managing many areas of project delivery, from conceptual design through construction.
• Confidently interact with clients
• Team with architects and engineers delivering all phases of architectural projects
• Manage multiple project tasks at any given time
• Develop contract documents and provide construction administration
• Use current software platforms (Revit) to develop contract documents
• Undertake more complex project delivery tasks as project requires
Desired Skills and Experience
• Master’s Degree or other professional degree in Architecture (i.e. 5—year Bachelors of Architecture)
• Licensing as a registered architect, or almost complete with licensure.
• Minimum five years of architectural work experience
• Experience with AutoCAD and Revit software required
• Knowledge of Adobe Suite products (Photoshop, InDesign)
• Creativity desired – passion a must.
Interested candidates please send resume and portfolio to [email protected]