We’re Looking for a Dynamic Project Architect to Join our Team
About Schooley Caldwell
Schooley Caldwell focuses on doing outstanding work that strengthens the community because we believe in the power of architecture to create a better world. Our architects, interior designers, and planners see design as an opportunity to improve the physical environment where people excel and culture thrives. We do this by relying on solid collaboration and challenging each other to make good ideas even better.
This progressive thinking has allowed us to build a strong portfolio of work in a range of public and private markets. We have a strong reputation for historic preservation and are developing an equal balance of new construction projects. Our background includes experience in civic/government facilities, higher education, student housing, cultural and recreation facilities, commercial spaces, and hospitality.
We are seeking a creative Project Architect with 10+ years of experience to work in a collaborative environment to develop architectural projects from initiation to closeout.
- Responsible for leading a project team through the coordination and delivery of project detailing and documentation
- Oversee work of designers and intern architects
- Responsible for coordination of engineering and other consultants
- Contribute to all aspects and phases of the architectural design process
- Assist in creating project schedules and budgets
- Knowledgeable about building codes, construction techniques, as well as building materials
- Attend and often lead project meetings
- Establish and nurture client relationships
- Participate in professional development and mentorship roles
- Participate in marketing/business development efforts
- Desire for professional advancement
Your Required Skills
- Architectural license
- Robust design, technical skills
- Experience with construction administration, including RFIs, submittals, change orders, and site visits
- Ability to lead, coach, and mentor others
- Excellent communication skills
- A strong client-service orientation
- Previous experience in higher education, civic/cultural, hospitality, corporate, or adaptive reuse projects is preferred
- Revit experience is a plus, proficiency in another CAD program at a minimum
What’s it like to work here?
“Support and trust the team” is one of Schooley Caldwell’s most important core values. Those words don’t just live on paper – they come to life every day. A recent employee engagement survey validated this ideal with our staff using these terms to describe our culture: inclusive, supportive, flexible, friendly, and team. Leadership transparency and a belief in lifelong learning also influence our culture. We walk the walk, too, when it comes to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. A total of 43% of our staff are female, and 27% of our staff are people of color, including members our leadership team. We hope you can see that Schooley Caldwell strives to be the best place in the world to practice architecture.
Please email your resume and samples of recent work to [email protected].
Schooley Caldwell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.