At Schooley Caldwell, we believe in the power of architecture and design to create a better world. A cleaner, safer, healthier, inclusive and sustainable future. We are inspired by the people that live, learn, work and play in our world – and in turn, we seek to design places that inspire other people to do great things.
We specialize in solving complicated problems in and around buildings. Our passion is for projects that make a difference in the fabric of our community – civic architecture and iconic landmarks.
We have an immediate opening for a licensed architect with 10+ years of experience. If you enjoy the challenge of working on a wide range of project types (including secondary education, housing, historic renovation, adaptive reuse, K-12, and other public works projects), we want to talk!
What’s it like to work here?
We’re small enough to really know each other, and big enough to take on large, complex projects. We take our work seriously and have fun; we prioritize our clients and our employees; and we are in this business because it gives us the chance to make a difference in our community.
You’ll have the chance to mentor and learn; manage and design; our culture is caring about the people and the work.
Work/life balance is important to us. Our team members are more than architects and interior designers. Some teach courses outside the office, and many of us are parents or caretakers. We understand the need for flexibility and offer support for a variety of circumstances.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Serve as project architect for variety of design projects from conceptual design through construction and post-occupancy
- Establish and nurture client relationships
- Collaborate and coordinate with other members of the design team
- Participate in professional development and mentorship roles
- Lead presentations and meetings with clients
- Participate in marketing efforts
- Architectural license
- Strong design, technical skills
- Experience with construction administration, including RFIs, submittals, change orders, and site visits
- Previous experience in higher education, K-12 education, multifamily, hospitality, corporate, or adaptive reuse projects is preferred.
- Revit experience is a plus, proficiency in another CAD program at a minimum.
Salary commensurate with experience. We offer a benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance and 401k plan, and we are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Please email your resume and samples of recent work to Melinda Shah at email@example.com.