At DesignGroup, you can expect to make a difference through your work, to have a direct impact on the achievement of a meaningful mission, to significantly advance your career, and to have ample space for fun and balance in your daily life. We know that our mission requires incredible talent, mutual respect, a collaborative approach and teamwork – all of which are incredibly important things to us.
We are looking for professionals who are compelling leaders in their craft. People who possess creativity and excitement to actively contribute to our growing and innovative company with an unwavering passion to elevate. If you are searching for a forward-thinking, ideas-based practice that is passionate about design, we want to hear from you. We are seeking a Project Architect to join our healthcare team.
DesignGroup has numerous, award-winning projects located throughout the United States. DesignGroup’s work is unmistakable, with a balance of stunning contemporary architecture, thoughtful renovations and sustainable building practices. Civic responsibility is integral to DesignGroup’s philosophy; beyond bricks and mortar, the firm is deeply involved in community organizations and its design principals are recognized as thought leaders in design.
What we offer:
- People that care about People
- Team oriented and collaborative culture
- Creative Fun Environment
- Comprehensive total benefits package including:
- Health & Wellness Programs
- 401(k) plans with company match
- Flexible and Hybrid Work Schedules
- ½ day on Fridays
- Professional Education
- Career Development
- And more
What will we ask you to do?
- Collaborate with the Project Designer, Interior Designer, and/or Planner to develop construction documents that accomplish the design intent.
- Collaborate with the Specification Writer to ensure that the technical requirements of the project are accomplished.
- Coordinate quality reviews with other Project Architects
- Provides leadership (both client and internal DG team) for documentation for higher education projects.
- Lead owner/user meetings, particularly in the Design Development phase, to ensure the requirements of the project have been included in the construction documents and properly coordinated.
- Code review and coordination with various code officials to ensure approvals
- Collaboration and coordination with Engineers, Builders (CM’s, GC’s, Developers, Owner’s Representatives, etc.)
- Collaboration and coordination with equipment vendors for proper and timely installation
- Review Shop Drawing and determine if meet approval standards.
- Construction Administration
- Registered Architect minimum
- 3 years’ experience
- Proficiency with REVIT, MS Office Suite, and Adobe Suite
- Strong design, organizational and communication skills
- Ability to clearly communicate design ideas through freehand sketching and rendering
- Demonstrate strong organizational, time management, presentation skills and attention to detail
- Solid understanding of building construction methods and materials and MEP systems.
- Strong conceptual thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently on multiple tasks without immediate and constant supervision
- Skill in persuasion and negotiation of critical issues
- Ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented, as well as communicate information and ideas in speaking and writing
Create a profile and upload your resume to www.designgroup.us.com/careers