Our team is growing! We’re looking for a licensed architect with a commitment to excellence in architectural design and a minimum of six years of experience working collaboratively with creative teams to join Midland at our Columbus location.
- Highly motivated and able to work both self-directed and in interdisciplinary teams.
- 6+ years of relevant work experience.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD and Revit.
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suites (Photoshop, Illustrator, In-Design).
- Proficiency with Sketch Up preferred (Rendering software experience is a plus).
- Strong working knowledge of zoning and building codes, specifications, building /engineering systems, and agency requirements.
- Possesses a balanced blend of design and technical skills.
- Knowledge in the design process, construction documentation, and contract administration.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to meet scheduled deadlines and work within the client’s budget.
- Excellent organizational skills and client presentation skills.
- Passionate for providing exceptional client service.
- Collaborative and professional work ethic.
- Responsible for finished plans, specifications, or review of materials and construction.
- Responsible for the planning and development of construction document production, and provides technical expertise to ensure coordinated and high-quality documents.
- Responsible to conduct contract administration duties such as site visits, submittals, and punch list reviews.
- Responsible to coordinate with clients, project team, consultants, and contractors to ensure trust and confidence.
- Provides leadership for team and client meetings.
- Acts independently regarding architectural methods and complexities.
- Contributes innovative design ideas to the team that consistently capture the intended design vision.
- May lead presentations to prospective clients.
- Architectural License preferred (OH license preferred, NCARB certificate preferred).
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor or Master of Architecture, or equivalent professional degree required (accredited university preferred).
- Midland is a growing design-focused architecture studio. We are looking for a creative, collaborative team member who shares our holistic approach to architectural practice and is comfortable self-managing projects. Our studio is located in Olde Towne East.
Position Type/Hours expected to work
- This is a full-time position with a minimum expectation of 40 hours per week.
- 6+ years of relevant experience in architecture practice.
- Occasional local travel depending on project assignments – less than 10%.
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Health and dental insurance plans included, with upgrades available.
- SIMPLE IRA plan with employer match available.
For consideration, please email a cover letter, resume, and portfolio of work samples to firstname.lastname@example.org.