At M+A, we work together every day toward our mission of enriching lives through innovative design. Our core values guide our motivation to perform and excel as a team. Working for our firm, you will join a team of over 80 passionate professionals, banded together by a dedication to design and a commitment to community. We are thought leaders, always seeking to leverage our expertise to enhance communities and elevate human experiences. Our company culture is genuine and supportive, built on a foundation of strong relationships, shared passion for great design, and a penchant for fun.
If you are a dynamic, innovative, and driven team player, we’d love to talk.
M+A Architects is hiring a Project Architect for our Columbus office. In this role, you will be responsible for performing architectural design and development work for small- to medium-sized projects, and leading the development of all technical aspects and content of projects.
What you will do:
- Work collaboratively with designers, consultants, contractors, and owner to achieve project goals.
- Review and coordinate submittals and shop drawings.
- Coordinate Quality Assurance activities and incorporate review comments.
- Ensure that all design deliverables meet internal and external project requirements including time, budget, and scope.
- Proactively identify, communicate, mitigate, and resolve project-related issues.
- Continuously check on project documentation and compliance with client requirements as outlined in contract.
- Other duties as assigned.
What you bring to the table:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture from an accredited program
- 5-7 years experience in architecture
- High level of proficiency with Revit
- Solid knowledge of construction materials and methods including sustainable solutions.
- Understand appropriate industry technologies and software
- Understand and incorporate use of contractor, client-specific, and construction management driven software as required
- Solid knowlege of internal standards and best practices
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office
- High level of proficiency in building code as applicable to each project
- Strong problem solving skills, communication skills, leadership skills, and mentorship skills.
- Ability to work under pressure of tight deadlines
- Positive attitude in line with M+A core values
Why choose M+A?
Research led, and insight driven, we pride ourselves on hiring the best in the industry, giving them the freedom to explore and design as they create space for change.
With firm differentiators like our in-house Research + Innovation team, Futurist, Sustainability services, Experiential Design, behavioral psychology and anthropology based podcast – M+Ake It Innovative, and M+A Productions, we continue to explore new opportunities as we stay committed to finding the design solutions and strategies that set our clients up for success for now, and what’s next.
By joining M+A, you will find yourself fulfilled from your work, driven by your passion in purpose, a part of a culture of collaboration, and a place where you belong, as together we work to design the future of our communities, and beyond.
In addition, we offer the following benefits and perks:
- Comprehensive benefits package including a choice of two health insurance plans, plus vision and dental; options for HSA, HRA, and FSA; opportunities for life insurance, disability, critical illness, and accident coverage
- Leadership opportunities
- Paid time off (PTO) bank merges sick, vacation, and personal time, which allows you to the flexibility to use your paid time off as you see fit
- Seven paid holidays and two half-day paid holidays
- 401(k) profit sharing plan and retirement savings advising
- Impromptu get-togethers
- Workstation flexibility, including a cafe space, hoteling stations, and standing desk compatibility
- Flexible Schedule
- Ample opportunities for community engagement with our CSR partners
- Casual atmosphere with a supportive and collaborative team
- Always Passionate
- Give More Than You Get
- Relentlessly Innovative
- Stronger Together
- Energetically Optimistic
- Get Comfortable With Being Uncomfortable
- Treat Others As They Want To Be Treated
M+A Architects provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, M+A Architects complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
M+A Architects expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of M+A Architects’ employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.