AECOM is seeking a highly motivated Architect to be based in Columbus, Ohio.
Imagine working on rewarding projects within a diverse culture, and having access to exceptional training and career development opportunities. Working at AECOM means being part of a global team, working with award-winning professionals across the world. Aspire to be a key player on some of the best projects regionally, with opportunities to work on projects nationally or internationally. Our people bring deep industry knowledge to help you succeed.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Prepare design and contract drawings using Revit.
- Prepare alternative design solutions, contract documents and specifications
- Develop solutions to a wide range of difficult technical problems
- Oversee the work of more junior designers and architects
- Manage client, team, and project coordination, including full documentation coordination with structural, MEP, lighting, AV, landscape, and civil consultants
- Support communication between project team, clients, vendors, contractors, consultants, and building and permitting officials
- Bachelor’s degree plus minimum of 4 years of relevant experience or demonstrated equivalency of experience and/or education
- Due to the nature of this work, U.S. citizenship is required
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture plus five (5) years of relevant experience
- Licensed as a registered architect, preferably in OH
- Proficient in Revit, AutoCAD and PowerPoint
- Experience in federal and or justice related projects.
- Certification as a LEED Accredited Professional by the USGBC
- Experience with SketchUp Pro, Adobe Creative Suites, or other related graphic software
- Ability to work in a fast-paced work environment
- Diverse knowledge of architecture principles and practices
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Relocation is not available for this position.
- Occasional travel is required for this position.
What We Offer
We will give you the flexibility you need to do your best work with hybrid work options. Whether you’re working from an AECOM office, remote location or at a client site, you will be working in a dynamic environment where your integrity, entrepreneurial spirit and pioneering mindset are championed.
You will help us foster a culture of equity, diversity and inclusion – a safe and respectful workplace, where we invite everyone to bring their whole selves to work using their unique talents, backgrounds and expertise to create transformational outcomes for our clients.
We will encourage you to grow and develop your career with us through our technical and professional development programs and diverse career opportunities. We believe in leadership at all levels. No matter where you sit in the organization you can make a lasting impact on the projects you work on, the teams and committees you join and our business.
We offer competitive pay and benefits, well-being programs to support you and your family, and the development resources you need to advance your career.
When you join us, you will connect and collaborate with a global network of experts – planners, designers, engineers, scientists, consultants, program and construction managers – leading the change toward a more sustainable and equitable future. Join us and let’s get started.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
Please apply for the position through AECOM’s website: