MKC believes in practiced-based research, which enforces our core values that date back to Greek thinking: diálogos // poiesis // alētheia. We achieve these goals through direct interaction with clients, which affords an altogether new approach derivative of the interaction itself. We are a progressive design-oriented office, with a diverse portfolio of work and collaborative atmosphere located in the heart of Ohio. To apply, please contact Matthew Teismann, AIA with cover letter, resume’ and work samples firstname.lastname@example.org.
MKC Architects has an immediate opening for a Project Architect in Columbus, Ohio. We are seeking applicants with 5+ years professional experience and has a design & technical focus responsible for significant project activities. The successful applicant will be able to demonstrate critical thinking and problem-solving creativity while preparing documentation for delivering public and private commercial architectural projects. We seek a Project Architect who is organized, can provide technical direction, and leads multiple projects from conception to completion. He/she is responsible to ensure the design, specifications, and construction documents meet governing codes, regulations, company standards and standards of the industry. The successful candidate is responsible for managing engineering consultants associated with any project to ensure thorough coordination, quality workmanship, schedule, and budget compliance. Working literacy and capability in Revit is required. Candidates need to be able to work in an office that has a casual culture with a team approach.
This is a position for a licensed architect where individuals will be exposed to a variety of projects including institutional [university, library, museum, K-12], student housing, health care, and other commercial projects. The successful candidate will be a thinker/doer/manager, charged with leading the project and undertaking tasks associated with the full range of architectural project delivery, directing project teams of 1-3 members’ work, coordinating with consultants, and managing many areas of project delivery, from conceptual design through construction.
• Confidently interact with clients
• Team with architects and engineers delivering all phases of architectural projects
• Manage multiple project tasks at any given time
• Develop contract documents and provide construction administration
• Use current software platforms (Revit) to develop contract documents
• Undertake more complex project delivery tasks as project requires
Desired Skills and Experience
• Master’s Degree or other professional degree in Architecture (i.e., 5—year Bachelor of Architecture)
• Licensing as a registered architect, or almost complete with licensure.
• Minimum five years of architectural work experience
• Experience with AutoCAD and Revit software required
• Knowledge of Adobe Suite products (Photoshop, InDesign)
• Creativity desired – passion a must.
MKC Architects is proud to provide our employees the opportunity to work on a variety of exciting and challenging projects. MKC Architects offers excellent benefits and compensation commensurate with experience.