WSA is a workplace expert. For more than 50 years we’ve been creating workspaces across the Midwest and beyond which increase growth and profitability for our clients by strengthening employee attraction, retention and overall engagement. Our multi-disciplinary team of experience designers take a new approach to office design: TalentArc infuses Human Resource expertise, Organizational Behavior, and Brand Marketing into the practice of Architecture.
Our team is an intentional curation of architects, interior designers, and graphic designers because the concept of a rigid, “do it this way” design approach is dead. We emphasize collaborative, cross-functional research to pinpoint the work environments clients have always wanted and deserved.
We believe everybody deserves an environment that works.
A design specialist at WSA is an integral part of the success of our partnership model. As the person responsible for connecting the design idea and the documents, this role works primarily on producing design and construction documents in addition to supporting project managers in reaching client goals. This role requires flexibility, adaptability, a natural curiosity, and a self-starter attitude.
Basically, this is a list of items for which this position will be responsible. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Document coordination (with engineers and consultants)
- Project drawing and technical production
- Independently develop construction documents
- Perform code reviews
- Lead internal design presentations
- Lead client design presentations
- Design input
- Document/design revisions
- Being proactive to engage in self improvement
- Collaborating and communicating
- Mentoring Design Specialists and communicating design direction
- Collaborating with Quality Control Managers to ensure proper documentation
- Collaborating with Design Managers to ensure a clear design direction
- Supervision of design specialists
- Critical thinking
- Focus on learning
- Complex problem solving
- Time management
- Focused on providing quality
- Technical capacity
- Thoroughness (closing the loop)
- Ability to take criticism and move on
- Salary range: $65,000 – $85,000, depending on experience
- Generous PTO and sick policy
- 100% covered medical insurance premiums
- Partially covered dental and vision insurance
- 401k and up to 4% matching contributions
- Professional development allowance
- Professional exam study materials
- 100% reimbursement for professional registration exams
- Career mapping
- Hybrid working
- Parental leave
- Peer to peer cohort groups/mentorship opportunities
Required Education and Experience
- Professional degree from an NAAB accredited university or 10+ years of experience
- Registration/Licensure/Certification obtained
- Experience using Revit, Lumion, Illustrator, InDesign, and other Adobe Creative Cloud applications
- Experience coordinating the work of a team
If this sounds like you, let’s chat. If this sounds like you, let’s chat. Email Amber at [email protected].
Don’t forget to visit us at wsastudio.com and check out our Instagram: wsastudio.