Registration is now closed.
Owners and designers can greatly increase life safety and the ability to mitigate safety or security issues by understanding security design best practices and how they are implemented during the design phase.
1. Learn the true definition of physical security design and how it helps protect and mitigate risk to individuals and occupants of the building.
2. Understand how security design best practices, when applied collaboratively with a cohesive understanding of the project, help protect occupants and mitigate security issues.
3. Learn about the current market trends and differences as they relate to security and design. This will keep individuals up to date with the most recent security layers to deploy and threats that could harm the design or occupants.
4. Understand why involving security design early in design is the best way to ensure the safest building environment for occupants.
5. Identify security systems to consider during design as well as other things that can benefit clients. This will help keep all occupants as safe as possible.
Ryan Searles brings more than 20 years of professional experience in “in-the-field” security, force protection, and risk management for multiple-jurisdictional responses at local, state, regional, and national levels. He has led tactical teams of 90+ in dynamic, fast-paced environments and possesses a comprehensive background in complex problem- solving and relationship building derived from conducting domestic and global operations across five continents. His immersive experience in the military started in September 2002 when he was deployed to numerous places throughout Afghanistan, Africa, Bosnia, and Iraq. He spent a significant amount of time in the Middle East and Africa working through Counter-Terrorism, Counter-Insurgency, Training Missions, Intelligence Operations and Counter-Piracy. Ryan has also managed enterprise-wide risk management programs to protect life and safety and critical infrastructure.
August 30, 2023
Earn 1.0 LU|HSW
AIA Members and Allied Members: Free
330 W Spring St #150, Columbus, OH 43215