At M+A, we work together every day toward our mission of enriching lives through innovative design. Our core values guide our motivation to perform and excel as a team. Working for our firm, you will join a team of over 85 passionate professionals, banded together by a dedication to design and a commitment to community. We are thought leaders, always seeking to leverage our expertise to enhance communities and elevate human experiences. Our company culture is genuine and supportive, built on a foundation of strong relationships, shared passion for great design, and a penchant for fun.
If you are a dynamic, innovative, and driven team player, we’d love to talk.
M+A Architects is hiring a Lead Architectural Designer for our Columbus office. In this role, you will be responsible for the overall management of the design process from conceptualization to execution.
What you will do:
- Work with the client and project teams to develop architectural solutions from conceptual level through schematic design – with input through construction documentation.
- Work closely with Project Manager to ensure that all information necessary for the successful production of the design is clearly understood.
- Coordinate with consultants, contractors, fabricators, and regulatory agencies to meet overall project objectives.
- Prepare conceptual designs, space plans, presentations, and oversee design development.
- Resolve complex design issues with innovative and practical solutions.
- Lead vision on graphic presentations, 3D renderings, and construction drawings.
- Positive and enthusiastic approach to presenting design concepts both internally and to external clients.
- Assist in managing client expectations, team communication and consultant coordination.
- Manage and maintain client relationships.
- Coordinate with M+A office leadership as needed.
- Contribute to office activities, initiatives, and learning programs.
- Mentor junior team members.
- Provide other support as assigned.
What you bring to the table:
- A minimum of 10-15 years professional experience
- Bachelor’s / Master’s degree in Architecture or design related field
- Licensed Architect preferred
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team
- Proficient in 2D/3D software including Revit, AutoCAD, 3D StudioMax, SketchUp, Rhino, Grasshopper, PhotoShop, InDesign and Illustrator
- Knowledge of materials, construction techniques, and building codes
- Knowledge of building codes, standards and structures
- Strong leadership abilities and the ability to manage teams and projects
- Strong communication, presentation and organizational skills
- Experience in Mixed-Use and Multi-Family projects
Why choose M+A?
- Comprehensive benefits package including a choice of two health insurance plans, plus vision and dental; options for HSA, HRA, and FSA; opportunities for life insurance, disability, critical illness, and accident coverage
- Paid time off (PTO) bank merges sick, vacation, and personal time, which allows you to the flexibility to use your paid time off as you see fit
- Seven paid holidays and two half-day paid holidays
- 401(k) profit sharing plan and retirement savings advising
- Impromptu get-togethers
- Workstation flexibility, including a cafe space, hoteling stations, and standing desk compatibility
- Flexible Schedule
- Ample opportunities for community engagement with our CSR partners
- Casual atmosphere with a supportive and collaborative team
M+A Architects provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, M+A Architects complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
M+A Architects expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of M+A Architects’ employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.