Located in Columbus’s Arena District, Acock Associates Architects is an award-winning Architectural Design firm founded in 1967 by George Acock and his belief that architecture can transform people’s lives for the better. We are looking to add an Intern Architect to add to our team of creative and committed architects. Someone who has a passion for great design, believes in a healthy work-life balance and wants to grow in the profession being involved from conceptual design through the construction process.
Acock Associates Architects has designed some of the most significant buildings in Central Ohio with our work encompassing Corporate, Higher Education, Residential and Distribution Facilities of various project types and sizes. Some recent projects include The Ohio State University’s Thompson Library and renovation of Pomerene Hall, L Brands Corporate campuses and distribution centers, and several office buildings in Columbus’ Arena District.
Experience & Requirements:
- A four-year degree (BS in Architecture) or five-year degree (BA in Architecture) from an accredited school of architecture.
- Passion for design excellence, collaboration, and willingness to learn.
- Knowledge and experience using Autodesk Revit, Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe InDesign and Bluebeam Revu is preferred but not required.
- Experience with architectural modeling, detailing, construction documents and building systems is preferred but not required.
- Perform various aspects of architectural design, including conceptual design studies, schematic design, design development, construction documents and construction administration.
- Develop architectural models using Revit/CAD for projects and the production team.
- Conduct research on building materials and building codes.
- Ability to work productively and cooperatively in a team environment.
- Must be outgoing, confident, and team-oriented with strong written and communication skills.
- Develop and maintain architectural project files and standard details.
We provide a comprehensive benefits package that promotes employee health, performance, and success which includes medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability, life insurance, an employee assistance program, paid time off and parental leave, paid holidays, 401(k) retirement savings plan with employer match, performance-based bonus eligibility, and long-term care insurance.
Acock Associates Architects is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply.
This is a full-time position.
Contact [email protected]