MKC believes in practiced-based research, which enforces our core values that date back to Greek thinking: diálogos // poiesis // alētheia. We achieve these goals through direct interaction with clients, which affords an altogether new approach derivative of the interaction itself. We are a progressive design-oriented office, with a diverse portfolio of work and collaborative atmosphere located in the heart of Ohio. To apply, please contact Matthew Teismann, AIA with cover letter, resume’ and work samples [email protected]
Intermediate Interior Designer
MKC Architects is comprised of forward-thinking architects and designers who implement a deeply rooted understanding of the unique qualities for each project we undertake. We work in tandem to turn our client’s visions into reality while pushing beyond the obvious to arrive at the previously unimaginable. We are looking for an interior designer to join our team who can maneuver the line between spatial pragmatism and programmatic exceptionalism. As an Intermediate Interior Designer, you will be responsible for collaborating on the design of complex projects from programming through construction administration on projects ranging in size and complexity while providing hands-on supervision to design staff during all phases. You will partner with internal partner disciplines, vendors, and consultants as needed. Additionally, you will occasionally interview in front of clients to win work.
The successful candidate will
• Participate in high-energy, collaborative team and project environments.
• Be proactive in team involvement and willing to participate in ideation at all levels.
• Develop and implement overall design concepts and finish palettes through all phases of design with input from the Principal in Charge and/or the Design Leader for key project stages.
• Produce contract documents and specifications.
• Have strong client and time management skills. And work to ensure efficient and cost-effective execution of assigned projects.
• Possess excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Have strong creative design and drawing skills, graphic and oral design presentation skills, capacity for conceptual design thinking, and 3D design/modeling ability.
• 5-10 years of professional experience in Interior Design
• Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Interior Design or Interior Architecture
• Proficiency with Revit, AutoCAD and Adobe Creative Suite
• The ability to travel occasionally to support project tasks
• Strong conceptual design and schematic design skills
• Strong verbal and graphic communication skills
• Experience with researching, selecting, and specifying materials and finishes
• Experience with furniture selection and specification
• Ability to work in a collaborative, open environment
• Desire to help drive innovative design solutions
• Proficiency with Rhino and/or 3DS Max
• NCIDQ certification
MKC Architects is proud to provide our employees the opportunity to work on a variety of exciting and challenging projects. MKC Architects offers excellent benefits and compensation commensurate with experience.