Every successful organization needs a strong business support system. At Jonathan Barnes Architecture & Design (JBAD), we’re looking for a talented and dedicated Finance & Office Manager who will guide and monitor our financial health, help manage our design practice, provide administrative assistance and become an essential part of our team.
Our next Finance & Office Manager will help us sustain our reputation as a leading architecture and design firm. You will do this by keeping our finances organized, acting as an office manager, and overseeing day-to-day administrative needs. There is no need to know everything about architecture and design; only a curiosity to learn, an entrepreneurial mindset, and a collaborative spirit.
Jonathan Barnes Architecture & Design is a renown architectural and design firm with a mission to “use thoughtful, innovative and beautiful designs to realize aspirational visions for our clients and enrich our communities.” Our values drive us to be excellent in what we do, curious in how we think, and collaborative in how we work.
Are you up to the challenge?
FINANCE & OFFICE MANAGER JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
Who will excel in this role? Someone, who knows how to…
• Manage financial and accounting information – Provide accurate financial and accounting data to realize sustainable growth.
• Collaborate with our finance and accounting consultant – work with our finance consultant to help meet our tax obligations and review and improve our financial practices.
• Stay organized and pay attention to details – Keep digital and print materials organized and stay on top of deadlines.
• Solve problems and learn from experience – Look for ways to improve business processes and financial accuracy and help the team to solve firm problems.
• Be a team player – Embrace a team mindset and does not have an unhealthy self-promoting personality.
• Be teachable and coachable – Exhibit a growth mindset, willing to learn and receive constructive feedback.
• Demonstrate excellence – Exceed expectations by completing work on time and helping team-members to do the same.
• Utilize technology to drive positive outcomes – Demonstrate an expert knowledge of MS Office, Adobe In-Design and Acrobat, and has an ability to learn new software programs such as Deltek and Ajera.
• Communicates clearly and effectively – Exhibit excellent verbal and written skills that relay information in a timely and effective manner.
FINANCE & OFFICE MANAGER CORE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
What will you do to add value to our firm? You will…
• Oversee the firm’s accounting and financial processes including but not limited to budgeting, forecasting, cost controls, monthly close, payroll, and managing revenue cycle
• Partner with team members to ensure accurate resource allocation for architecture-related projects
• Ensure the team has the necessary tools (e.g.-hardware, software) to complete projects
• Manage HR issues and supports the firm’s efforts to find, develop, and keep top talent
• Help shape the firm’s public face by managing communications, coordinating social media and functioning as a first point of contact for guests contacting the firm
• Ensure the office has the supplies it needs and is arranged in a way to create an inviting workplace
WHY JONATHAN BARNES ARCHITECTURE & DESIGN?
JBAD offers competitive pay and employee benefits that include medical, dental, life insurance, a 401(k) plan with employer match. All benefits are designed to promote employee health and well-being. We want our people to achieve and maintain their desired work-life balance.
• You will be part of an entrepreneurial-minded firm that prizes curiosity and collaboration.
• You will be helping our team do what we do best…create innovative design for our clients.
• You will grow. We will provide opportunities for you to learn in formal and informal ways.
• You will be part of a culture that values personal growth and teamwork. This is a culture where curiosity is a hallmark driving us to innovate.
• You will be part of a firm that values family and supports a healthy work-life balance. JBAD is a work at work company with limited hybrid work opportunities.
Jonathan Barnes Architecture & Design is an equal opportunity employer, who values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
JBAD Mission Statement
We leverage intentional, thoughtful and innovative design to realize aspirational visions for our clients and better the world.
JBAD Core Values
Relentless pursuit of excellence
We are tenacious and always strive for perfection and a high level of design in everything we do. We know that details matter and excellent work is the result of a thousand thoughtful decisions.
Healthy sense of urgency
We do our best to always be efficient in our work process and execute with a sense of immediacy. We work smarter not faster and balance urgency with excellence. We are respectfully impatient.
We question assumptions and see every project as an opportunity to find new ways to understand, analyze, create, solve and improve that add value and generate new models. We investigate with purpose and a focus on outcomes.
We approach our work with a sense of possibility and personal agency. We continuously look for ways to improve our practice and go beyond instructions and expectations. We expect everyone to have a voice and be heard, no back rows.
We know that we do better when we work as a team and share in our success. We seek diversity and inclusivity in our team and our perspectives and seek out each other’s ideas, thoughts, feedback and criticism. People drive the firm.