Engineering Services Project Manager-Construction Admin
Manages capital projects for Hospital including concepts, feasibility, scoping, estimating, accounting, consultants, design, construction, activation, and close-out.
Schedule: (Full Time, Benefits Eligible)
700 Children’s Dr
Columbus, Ohio 43205
Why Nationwide Children’s Hospital?
The moment you walk through our doors, you can feel it. When you meet one of our patient families, you believe it. And when you talk with anyone who works here, you want to be part of it, too. Welcome to Nationwide Children’s Hospital, where Passion Meets Purpose.
Here, Everyone Matters. We’re 13,000 strong. And it takes every single one of us to improve the lives of the kids we care for, and the kids from around the world we’ll never even meet. Kids who are living healthier, fuller lives because of the knowledge we share. We know it takes a Collaborative Culture to deliver on our promise to provide the very best, innovative care and to foster new discoveries, made possible by the most groundbreaking research. Anywhere.
Ask anyone with a Nationwide Children’s badge what they do for a living. They’ll tell you it’s More Than a Job. It’s a calling. It’s a chance to use and grow your talent to make an impact that truly matters. Because here, we exist simply to help children everywhere.
Nationwide Children’s Hospital. A Place to Be Proud
- Conducts economic and feasibility studies for construction projects, develops estimates. Consults with hospital staff, either singularly or in conjunction with design firms, to determine functional and special requirements of new structure or renovation.
- Plans layout of project and integrates NCH standard elements into unified design. Develops project specifications Analyzes the size and character of the overall scope of the project to maintain expenditures within project budgets.
- Selects and manages outside architectural, design or consulting firms to complete design and construction project studies and work. Approves and monitors progress of design development and develops alternate solutions whenever design details affect construction feasibility, cost or schedule. Conducts drawing reviews and obtains stakeholder feedback.
- Administers the processing of the construction documents through various city and regulatory agencies for final approval and issuance of building permit.
- Develops progression schedule for construction projects and a comprehensive schedule for each of the approved projects
- Establishes bidders list, solicits and reviews bids, conducts pre-bid meetings, analyzes bids to ensure they are within budget limits and contract parameters, awards contracts. Prepares a contract items list, develops trade requisitions for bid packages and major material/equipment purchases, and assists in the purchasing process.
- Monitors construction for compliance with contracts and construction documents. Evaluates and approves design and specification changes and drawing releases. Confers with project staff to provide administrative and coordinative direction. conducts, and documents project meetings as necessary. Prepares project status and financial report data as necessary.
- Understands and coordinates the maintenance of infection control and construction assessments and permits, notices of furnishing and commencements and other internal and external regulatory documents.
- Monitors processing and approval of project submittals, shop drawings, construction change directives, change orders, and pay requests. Manages project close out, final payment and records retention and integration into Archives.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture, Interior Design, Engineering or related discipline
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years’ experience in building construction and design; hospital and/or related institutional experience preferred.
- Knowledge of estimating, construction costs, scheduling, purchasing, and engineering principles and techniques, various construction methods and installation procedures; a broad understanding of a wide spectrum of materials; and a general understanding of the operation of various building systems.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of drawings and specifications.
- Strong understanding of owner, architect, general and subcontractor business and practice relationships.
- Knowledge and understanding of compliance with City, State, National building codes and standards.
- Very strong oral and written communication skills required.
- Strong computer skills and a familiarity with Microsoft office suite of programs including word processing, spreadsheet and database required.
- CAD skills desirable. Project scheduling software desirable.
The above list of duties is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this classification. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of duties performed by the individual so classified, nor is it intended to limit or modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under his/her supervision.