SHP (www.shp.com) is searching for an energetic, highly motivated Electrical Designer/Engineer interested in developing highly efficient and sustainable design solutions in a cooperative architectural environment. This position offers the opportunity to work on projects of varying scales and complexity and influence SHP’s vision of becoming a premier sustainable design firm. Building types primarily include Pre-K-12 education, higher education, recreational, civic and commercial facilities.
The principle responsibilities of an electrical engineer include:
- Daylight modeling and analyses to optimize overall building design.
- Advanced lighting control systems design
- Design of power, lighting, fire alarm, electrical service, security, and technology systems for various types of clients including educational, institutional, and commercial office facilities.
- Voltage drop and fault current analyses.
- Development of the design criteria which defines system requirements.
- Development of conceptual design and preliminary design documents, including calculations related to sizing and selecting of these systems.
- Development of final design/construction/bid documents including specification, sequences of operation.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced team environment with multiple deadlines.
- Ability to follow direction and to collaborate with other team members
Desired Skills and Experience
Bachelors or Masters Degree in Electrical Engineering or Engineering Technology is required. 5 years (minimum) experience designing building electrical systems, EIT with ability and intention of attaining professional registration (or already registered). LEED accreditation is a plus. Strong computer skills using Revit and/or BIM is desirable. Previous experience with an architecture or engineering firm preferred. Strong preference for candidates currently residing in the Cincinnati – Northern Kentucky Metropolitan area. Must be legally authorized to work in the US.
SHP is an equal opportunity employer. We provide a competitive salary, performance bonus, and an excellent benefits package. Throughout our 120+ years in business, we’ve worked really hard to foster a familial culture with a healthy work/life balance.
SHP is an equal-opportunity employer. To apply please submit cover letter, resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.