Wendy’s and its franchisees operate ~6,800 restaurants in more than 30 countries and U.S. territories with a vision of becoming the world’s most thriving and beloved restaurant brand. New market expansion and further development within existing markets will continue to be dominant drivers of Wendy’s worldwide strategy over the coming years. Particularly in the U.S., Wendy’s continues its aggressive development program with new and exciting designs. The Wendy’s Company is looking for an Intern Architect / Designer to join the development team. The Designer for U.S. Implementation will work with a highly innovative team that generates designs for both traditional and non-traditional venues. In this role, you will create design solutions for new locations and review submissions provided by third party Design Professionals. A successful candidate will be motivated, have strong verbal, written, and graphic communications skills which will be necessary to collaborate with various architects and engineers across the U.S.
Education / Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor of Architecture (preferred) or Interior Design degree.
- Minimum 2 – 5 years architectural design experience in a retail, hospitality or restaurant design
- Experience working with outside consultants/sourcing/vendors, including architectural, interior, MEP, and others
- Strong communication skills and ability to work cross functionally is a must.
- Knowledge of building construction practices and design detailing
- Practical knowledge/experience of restaurant design/layouts preferred
- Working knowledge of latest materials, lighting technology, sustainability solutions, color principles and industry trends.
- Basic knowledge of North American Building Codes, Health Codes and ADA requirements.
Interested candidates can find more information by visiting Wendy’s website https://wendys-careers.com/job-search/posting/Designer-U.S.-Implementation/65949/?utm_campaign=C347590-Wendy%27s%202020-Critical%20Markets
Resumes can be sent to: Maddy.Arthur@wendys.com