At M+A, we work together every day toward our mission of enriching lives through innovative design. Our core values guide our motivation to perform and excel as a team. Working for our firm, you will join a team of over 80 passionate professionals, banded together by a dedication to design and a commitment to community. We are thought leaders, always seeking to leverage our expertise to enhance communities and elevate human experiences. Our company culture is genuine and supportive, built on a foundation of strong relationships, shared passion for great design, and a penchant for fun.
If you are a dynamic, innovative, and driven team player, we’d love to talk.
M+A Architects is hiring a Business Development Leader for our Columbus office. In this role, you will be responsible for identifying and developing strategic relationships based on project trends in the industry that align with M+A’s goals and initiatives toward revenue and growth.
What you will do:
- Identify prevailing trends in industry, economy, population, region, etc.
- Ensure that business development initiatives align with corporate goals and initiatives towards revenue growth
- Open doors to new project opportunities
- Monitor internal and external environment for potential avenues of growth in various market sectors for positive growth results
- Develop and oversee expense projections including marketing budget
- Meet / Network / Culture professional relationships – existing and new, to assist with obtaining new projects
- Follow-up during projects with clients/contractors for quality control
- Incorporation of growth pattern and goals of Business Development Staff
- Meets regularly with office leadership to establish that performance benchmarks align with goals and projections
- Consult on direction of corporate goals for compliance with brand, image, and business compliance
- Verify and define responsibilities to facilitate high level work between business development and marketing efforts
- Assist with text and content of RFQ/RFP’s when necessary and review all materials prior to final printing
- Oversee development of presentations and presentation materials for perspective clients.
- Ensure consistency and quality of organizational brand
- Works with in-house marketing committee by focusing alignment on corporate goals / growth.
- Incorporate company-wide initiatives to include everyone as marketing potential
What you bring to the table:
- Bachelor’s degree in architecture, or related field or equivalent experience as a project manager in the architecture/construction industry
- Experience in Central Ohio Business Development is preferred
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and presentation skills
- Ability to influence and persuade to achieve desired outcomes
- Strong problem solving and negotiation skills
- Excellent organizational, planning, and prioritization skills
- Membership involvement in industry related associations
Why choose M+A?
Research led and insight driven, we pride ourselves on hiring the best in the industry, giving them the freedom to explore and design as they create space for change.
With firm differentiators like our in-house Research + Innovation team, Futurist, Sustainability services, Experiential Design, behavioral psychology and anthropology based podcast – M+Ake It Innovative, and M+A Productions, we continue to explore new opportunities as we stay committed to finding the design solutions and strategies that set our clients up for success for now, and what’s next.
By joining M+A, you will find yourself fulfilled from your work, driven by your passion in purpose, a part of a culture of collaboration, and a place where you belong, as together we work to design the future of our communities, and beyond.
In addition, we offer the following benefits and perks:
- Comprehensive benefits package including a choice of two health insurance plans, plus vision and dental; options for HSA, HRA, and FSA; opportunities for life insurance, disability, critical illness, and accident coverage
- Leadership opportunities
- Paid time off (PTO) bank merges sick, vacation, and personal time, which allows you to the flexibility to use your paid time off as you see fit
- Seven paid holidays and two half-day paid holidays
- 401(k) profit sharing plan and retirement savings advising
- Impromptu get-togethers
- Workstation flexibility, including a cafe space, hoteling stations, and standing desk compatibility
- Flexible Schedule
- Ample opportunities for community engagement with our CSR partners
- Casual atmosphere with a supportive and collaborative team
- Always Passionate
- Give More Than You Get
- Relentlessly Innovative
- Stronger Together
- Energetically Optimistic
- Get Comfortable With Being Uncomfortable
- Treat Others As They Want To Be Treated
M+A Architects provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, M+A Architects complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
M+A Architects expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of M+A Architects’ employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.