Architectural Services Coordinator – BIM Specialist
The Ohio State University
Facilities Information and Technology Services
The Architectural Services Coordinator – BIM Specialist serves as a primary Revit resource for The Ohio State University. This key role will maintain and update OSU drawings and models across all campuses by incorporating construction drawings from AutoCAD, Revit, and field verifications into a Revit format for inclusion into the Space Information and Management System (SIMS). The Architectural Services Coordinator-BIM Specialist assists in converting existing AutoCAD-based floor plans to Revit-based building models and they develop and maintain in-house Revit families. They are responsible for reviewing and assigning room numbers for new construction or renovation projects.
- Maintain and update OSU drawings and models across all OSU campuses by incorporating construction drawings from AutoCAD, Revit, and field verifications.
- Field verifications regularly include traveling to and navigating buildings around any of the OSU campuses, and occasionally may require accessing mechanical and rooftop areas via stairs or ladders.
- Review and assign room numbers for new construction or renovation projects.
- Review project submissions through eBuilder for compliance with our BIM Project Delivery Standards.
- Liaise between Facilities Operations and Development (FOD) and other OSU departments, architects, engineers, consultants, vendors, and contractors on areas pertaining to floor plans and SIMS related requests.
- Regularly review and manage incoming work to determine appropriate prioritization.
- Provide oversight of students’ work that assists in maintaining Revit models of university buildings, including reviewing for quality, standards, and performing the final processing to relevant OSU systems.
- Integrate regularly with the efforts of the facilities data team in service to customers.
- Serve as a technical resource to others regarding how to use the software and interact effectively with internal and external design and contractor partners.
Facilities Information and Technology Services (FITS) continually searches for ways to use various facilities and geospatial data and systems to help the organization make better decisions more quickly. This is an excellent opportunity to join a team whose culture prioritizes innovation in every facet of their work and supports the team’s professional development and learning opportunities. As a high-performing team, every member takes complete ownership of their function while collaborating closely with each other and our customers. We function and communicate effectively and respectfully in a diverse, multicultural, and inclusive setting. We do all this in an environment that cares about each other by showing appreciation and having a lot of fun along the way.
- 70% Responsible for maintaining and updating all OSU drawings and models by incorporating construction drawings, from AutoCAD, Revit, and field verifications, into a Revit format for inclusion into the Space Information and Management System (SIMS). Assist in converting existing AutoCAD based floor plans to Revit based building models and develop and maintain in-house Revit families. These duties are completed entirely in Autodesk Revit software. Updates space related systems with drawings.
- 20 % Assigns room numbers for new construction or renovation projects.
- 5% Reviews project submissions through eBuilder for compliance with our BIM Project Delivery Standards. Serves as a liaison between FOD and other OSU departments, architects, engineers, consultants, vendors, and contractors for floor plans, space inventory data and SIMS related requests.
- 5% Performs other tasks as assigned.
Minimum Education Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Construction Management, Interior Design, or related field, plus 2 years’ experience, or equivalent combination of relevant education and experience.
- 2 years of working knowledge of and experience with Autodesk Revit.
- Ability to read and interpret architectural, structural, and site drawings.
- Experience translating 2D drawing and field verification information to 3D models.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service and creatively solve problems.
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to efficiently travel around and between campuses.
Additional Qualifications Desired:
- 5 years’ experience in the design and construction industry working on projects with Autodesk AutoCAD and Revit.
- Experience with creating digital renderings, Autodesk BIM 360, Autodesk Construction Cloud (ACC), and other Autodesk software or plug-ins.
- Experience with eBuilder, Bluebeam, and creating Revit families.
The Target Hiring Range: $62,700 – $80,000
External applicants click on the link below to view and apply: https://osujoblinks.com/lmg7
Applicants are strongly encouraged to include a cover letter.
For additional consideration, please email resume, cover letter, and references to David Pifher at [email protected]
The Ohio State University is a dynamic community of diverse resources, where opportunity thrives and where individuals transform themselves and the world.
The Ohio State University is one of the nation’s largest and most comprehensive public universities and a top employer in Ohio.
As an Ohio State employee, you will also have access to many benefits such as:
- Retirement Package choice of OPERS or Alternative Retirement Plan
- Competitive Vacation and Sick Leave Program
- 11 Paid Holidays per year
- Medical Insurance
- Dental and Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Opportunity to purchase season tickets to OSU sporting events
- Additional discounted rates on things such as select cell phone plans, pet care, food, dining, etc.
The Ohio State University is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation or gender identity, national origin, disability status, or protected veteran status. The university is committed to establishing a culturally and intellectually diverse work environment, encouraging all members of our learning community to reach their full potential. We are responsive to dual-career families and strongly promote work-life balance to support our community members through a suite of institutionalized policies and practices.