JBAD, an award winning design firm, offers an exciting career opportunity for an architectural professional in a dynamic and challenging work environment with potential for advancement.
The successful candidate will:
- BArch or MArch degree from an accredited university, registered or pursuing registration
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in an architectural firm
- Self-starter with strong design abilities and capable of resolving complex aesthetic and technical challenges to produce efficient, constructible solutions
- Ability to serve as a leader in the realization of design vision into completed projects
- Strong communication skills and confidence to work with clients, contractors and consultants and actively participate in client and design team meetings
- Professional experience using REVIT and SketchUp software as construction and presentation document tools
- Knowledge of the Ohio Building Code and ADA requirements
- Ability to work and coordinate with a full range of consultants
- Experience in specification writing and performing code reviews
- Team and detail-oriented with excellent communication, organizational and multi-tasking skills and strong problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of construction methods and details and expertise in preparation of construction documents – drawings, specifications, estimates
- Multi-family design experience preferred but not required and should be familiar with wood and hybrid structural systems
Applicant should present strengths in both written, verbal and graphic communication and analysis using Microsoft Word, Excel and Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop).
This is an excellent opportunity for professional growth for someone who is a self-starter, able to work independently and to multi-task.
JBAD is an equal opportunity employer. We provide competitive salary with a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance coverage with premiums equally shared by JBAD and employee
- Retirement benefits after one year
- Paid time off
- Reimbursement for professional development and licensure fees
Salary is commensurate with experience with an expected range of $52,000-$80,000 per year
Please e-mail your introduction letter, samples of work and resume, including references, to: firstname.lastname@example.org