AECOM is seeking a design-oriented Architect based to be based in Columbus, Ohio.
At AECOM, we’re delivering a better world.
We believe infrastructure creates opportunity for everyone. Whether it’s improving your commute, keeping the lights on, providing access to clean water or transforming skylines, our work helps people and communities thrive.
Our clients trust us to bring together the best people, ideas, technical expertise and digital solutions to our work in transportation, buildings, water, the environment and new energy. We’re one global team – over 50,000 strong – driven by a common purpose to deliver a better world.
In this role, we are seeking an architect with good technical, conceptual, visual and communication skills to work in a highly collaborative and design focused studio. Leveraging your experience and technical acumen, you will help drive a wide range of project types and sizes through all phases of design, documentation, and construction and lead interdisciplinary teams. You are a team design leader and will have the opportunity to lead not only from a project perspective, but from a practice and culture standpoint. The right person will be an integral part of our architecture practice in the region.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Develop initiate and develop design concepts for design lead and client review.
- Prepare design and contract drawings using Revit and modeling/ graphics software.
- Coordinate design efforts and deliverables of design consultants and project team
- Assist with the management and mentoring of less-experienced project team members.
- BA/BS in Architecture + 4 years of related experience or demonstrated equivalency of experience and/or education
- Licensed as a registered architect or proven steps towards licensure
- Licensed as a registered architect in the state of Ohio
- Knowledge of buildings systems and material.
- Proficient in Revit with 3D modeling skills in Sketchup and/or Rhino.
- Working knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign.
- Ability to produce design intent renderings and design concept diagrams.
- Certification as a LEED Accredited Professional by the USGBC
- Ability to thrive in a collaborative, open office work environment
- Diverse knowledge of architecture principles and practices
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Sponsorship is not available for this position.
- Occasional travel is required for this position.
What We Offer
We will give you the flexibility you need to do your best work with hybrid work options. Whether you’re working from an AECOM office, remote location or at a client site, you will be working in a dynamic environment where your integrity, entrepreneurial spirit and pioneering mindset are championed. You will help us foster a culture of equity, diversity and inclusion – a safe and respectful workplace, where we invite everyone to bring their whole selves to work using their unique talents, backgrounds and expertise to create transformational outcomes for our clients. We will encourage you to grow and develop your career with us through our technical and professional development programs and diverse career opportunities. We believe in leadership at all levels. No matter where you sit in the organization you can make a lasting impact on the projects you work on, the teams and committees you join and our business. We offer competitive pay and benefits, well-being programs to support you and your family, and the development resources you need to advance your career. When you join us, you will connect and collaborate with a global network of experts – planners, designers, engineers, scientists, consultants, program and construction managers – leading the change toward a more sustainable and equitable future. Join us and let’s get started. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.