At SSOE, we create forward-thinking designs that provide architecturally driven solutions for industrial clients. We capture the essence of our client’s culture and spaces in a way that inspires, energizes, and brings their brand to life. We view the facilities we design as the messengers for what our client’s brand stands for, whether it’s a manufacturing space, office building, R&D facility, or employee training area.
SSOE Group’s 2020 acquisition of Stevens & Wilkinson—an award-winning architecture, engineering, and interior design firm—has elevated both firms by combining excellence in architecture, engineering, and interior design with a national platform. A Top 15 Engineering / Architecture Firm for more than a decade (BD+C) and Top 5 Automotive Plant Design Firm for the past two years (ENR), we’ve designed 12 automotive plants in the last 20 years and were the proud recipient of seven design awards in 2021 alone.
This career opportunity is part of a continued strategic investment that SSOE is making to strengthen and grow the architecturally based design practice to enhance our architectural brand, portfolio, and resources. Our vision is to design and build the future for our clients, colleagues, and communities, and we’re looking for architectural professionals who share this vision and are motivated by being a part of something bigger than themselves. To attract the best and brightest, we offer a competitive benefits package that includes both remote and in-office work options for additional flexibility.
The following duties are typical of the position but are not all-encompassing. Responsibilities include those required to deliver quality service on schedule and within budget in a team environment.
- Evaluates, selects, and applies standard architectural techniques and procedures. Exercises judgment when making minor adaptations and modifications to design concepts.
- Receives instructions on specific assignment objectives, complex features and receives assistance in deriving a possible solution to unusual problems.
- Reviews work with department/section manager or project architect to ensure the application of sound architectural practices and professional judgment.
- Performs a variety of architectural assignments on small projects and/or specific portions of larger projects.
- May supervise, coordinate and direct the work effort of CADD designers on the same project with some responsibility for checking a portion of the completed drawings.
- Has some knowledge of local, state, and federal building codes and OSHA compliance requirements.
- Develops concepts and edits specifications.
- Travel required.
- Valid driver’s license required. May be waived for international assignments.
- Bachelor of Architecture Degree or Master of Architecture Degree required, NCARB record required, license track preferred with one (1) or more years of experience with SSOE as an Architect 2, or the same educational requirements as above with three (3) or more years of related practical experience with a former employer(s).
- Experience with automotive manufacturing required.
- Experience with implementing LEED projects is preferred.
- Experience with clean/dry room, battery plants, or pharmaceutical manufacturing a plus.
- Exceptions may be based upon equivalencies.
- Korean language skills a plus (Spoken, written)
- Experience with Revit and AutoCAD is required. Experience with Navisworks is a plus, rendering capability is required, and knowledge of other 3D platforms is a plus.