- Participants will become more aware of major trends affecting the business and practice of architecture, and learn how these long-term trends will drive their leadership and management of their own firms.
- Participants will gain a new appreciation of how essential their understanding of the future is to the ultimate success of their firms, and learn about resources available to help them plan their firm’s futures.
- By being provided with the framework for a homework exercise in scenario planning, participants will become more facile at future-oriented planning.
Ray Kogan, AIA is the president of Kogan & Company, specializing in strategic planning and management consulting for design and construction firms. He brings 35 years of experience in the practice, marketing, and management of architecture, engineering, and construction services, including his work with many leading firms in the industry. Ray has worked with more than 100 architecture and engineering firms in the development of their strategic plans.
5pm – Reception & Mini Tradeshow (cash bar)
6:30pm – Business Meeting
7pm – Presentation by Ray Kogan, AIA (1 AIA LU)
Business Meeting Agenda
Slate of Candidates for AIA Columbus Board of Directors
In accordance to our bylaws, AIA Columbus is required to notify members of the Slate of Candidates 30 days in advance of our annual meeting which will be held on Wednesday, October 21st. The following people make up the Slate of Candidates for the 2010 AIA Columbus Board of Directors:
- Ruth Gless, AIA of Lincoln Street Studio – President-Elect.
- James Bresler, AIA of Braun & Steidl Architects, Inc. – Treasurer.
- John Kelleher, AIA of NBBJ – Secretary.
- Al Berthold, AIA of the Neighborhood Design Center – Director.
- David B. Meleca, AIA of Meleca Architecture, Inc – Director.
- Melissa Viteri Sieg, Assoc. AIA – Director.
- Monica Wangler, AIA of NBBJ – Director.
Proposed AIA Columbus Bylaws Amendment
The following is the proposed amendment to the AIA Columbus Bylaws for vote at the Annual Meeting on October 21st. This amendment was approved by the Board of Directors on August 11, 2009.
ARTICLE 5. THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS
- 5.1 Membership of the Board of Directors.
- 5.2.5 Education DirectorLiaison.
- 5.2.6 AIAS Liaison.
October 21st, 2009
Ohio State 4H Center – 2201 Fred Taylor Drive
Annual Meeting sponsored by Messer Construction.